satellites in UAE

sakss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat
My Location
Dubai.UAE
hi ppl i have dish facing nilesat which is size 1m dish i thnk with maxx1000reciever..as the pay channels are not working anymore i want to change the direction of the dish .can any1 tell me what satellites are viewable here in dubai with the 1m dish..
does hotbird have any english movie channels ???

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
sakss said:
hi ppl i have dish facing nilesat which is size 1m dish i thnk with maxx1000reciever..as the pay channels are not working anymore i want to change the direction of the dish .can any1 tell me what satellites are viewable here in dubai with the 1m dish..

I think that 1m is too small for Hotbird 13E, but you have nothing to loose if you point to it.
There are many channels with English movies (Dubbed audio+Original audio), but they are all included in pay packages like Sky Italia, Polsat, TPS and BBC Prime (DTH)
Plenty of encrypted adult channels on Hotbird, at least 50 channels.

sakss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat
My Location
Dubai.UAE
HB13DISH said:
I think that 1m is too small for Hotbird 13E, but you have nothing to loose if you point to it.
There are many channels with English movies (Dubbed audio+Original audio), but they are all included in pay packages like Sky Italia, Polsat, TPS and BBC Prime (DTH)
Plenty of encrypted adult channels on Hotbird, at least 50 channels.

thnx bro...what packages work with maxx 1000?the internet reciever??i heard tps and polsat works/?
iv got a bigger dish now which works for hotbird...

can u please tell me if i can conect both dishes with the reciever and plase also tel me what other satelites i can get in UAE frm the same dish???

thnx alot in advance..

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
sakss said:
can u please tell me if i can conect both dishes with the reciever and plase also tel me what other satelites i can get in UAE frm the same dish???

thnx alot in advance..

Yes, with a DISEQ switch.
Other satellites are Amos 4W (Israel) (use the Nilesat dish) and perhaps Eurobird 9E on the HB dish with another LNB.
You should really check Lyngsat to see all the satellites in your location.
_http://www.lyngsat/com
_http://www.lyngsat.com/europe.html for Europe, Africa and Middle East.
If you use a motor (recommended dish size <1.2m), then you can pick up many satellites.

sakss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat
My Location
Dubai.UAE
HB13DISH said:
Yes, with a DISEQ switch.
Other satellites are Amos 4W (Israel) (use the Nilesat dish) and perhaps Eurobird 9E on the HB dish with another LNB.
You should really check Lyngsat to see all the satellites in your location.
_http://www.lyngsat/com
_http://www.lyngsat.com/europe.html for Europe, Africa and Middle East.
If you use a motor (recommended dish size <1.2m), then you can pick up many satellites.

thanks ...no dont use a motor...
by the way i have satellite finder meter can i find satellites with that ,,is it easy??
and final question
what satellite do you recomend??is hotbird ok coz it has loads of channels?or some other beter 1?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
sakss said:
thnx ...na dunt use a motor...
btw i have satellite finder meter can i find satellites with that ,,is it easy??
and final question
what satellite do u recomend??is hotbird ok coz it has loadza channels?or sme other beter 1?

Meter can help.
Hotbird

Sandbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 60cm offset dish / single Invacom 0.3 LNBF / DM600 PVR
My Location
Bahrain (Middle East)
Hey buddy,

I think the one-stop-shop for you would be this website

_http://www.Dishpointer.com/

It also lists all the satellites that have footprints in the UAE and what size dish they recommend although the recommended sizes are very rough (still beta).

Ace website tho!

sakss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat
My Location
Dubai.UAE
Sandbox said:
Hey buddy,

I think the one-stop-shop for you would be this website

_http://www.Dishpointer.com/

It also lists all the satellites that have footprints in the UAE and what size dish they recommend although the recommended sizes are very rough (still beta).

Ace website tho!

thnx alot bro..

alkiki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skyx (the best)
Mediacom 930 i
My Location
Not so far
Hi,
I heard in UAE with 90cm dish You can receive Hotbird easy.
Then on Nile sat on 7 you can watch all MBC channels with some british language channels.

Just visit small sat shops, they will help you.

skull

satellite freak
Reaction score
Website
www.rdi-sat.com
My Satellite Setup
4x100 cm televe's dishes,with echostar quad lnb's, INNOVATIVE I.P, humax, echolink fta and kaon receivers. super jack h2h motor.
My Location
Persian gulf
sakss said:

well i think u just wait 2,3 days more...max is going to be up again...otherwise 1 m dish is just enought to get hotbird....but u will not be able to see encrypted channels and the rest all r crap..only with the help of cards or by putting the keys manually u will be able to watch polsat or some adult channels...u can also point it to eurobird or arab sat[now badrsat]

u can also tune ur dish toward amos but there is nothing worth to watch free there also. plus there is eutelsats w2 at 10 degrees east and eutelsat w3 at i think 30 degrees but also not worth to watch anything only a few channels including some turk r there but if u r looking for some english movie channels then nile satis the best atleast u will be able to watch dubai 1, mbc2, mbc4 , mbc action and fox movies which r in english.

Looking4U

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Using a HUMAX Receiver
I get: 1. HOTBIRD
2. NILESAT
3. BADRSAT
My Location
Dubai, JLT
Hi, can some 1 Please help me ??? I bought a HUMAX reciever and When I connected the cable I get Hotbird, Nilesat and badr sat. Its the buildings policy I guess.. But the problem is I cant seem to see any movies on HOTBIRD!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Looking4U said:
Hi, can some 1 Please help me ??? I bought a HUMAX reciever and When I connected the cable I get Hotbird, Nilesat and badr sat. Its the buildings policy I guess.. But the problem is I cant seem to see any movies on HOTBIRD!

Did you expect to see movies for free from Hot Bird?

There are many packages from several countries, and you need a subscription for each package in order to open the channels.
Check our packages section for more details.

Looking4U

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Using a HUMAX Receiver
I get: 1. HOTBIRD
2. NILESAT
3. BADRSAT
My Location
Dubai, JLT
Where Can I get the packages from ? I want something 4 Movies + Adult channels....

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Looking4U said:
Where Can I get the packages from ? I want something 4 Movies + Adult channels....

Check the forum sponsors websites.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/home1.php?page=sponsors
For optimum choice, you will need two separate subs for movies and adult.
Check your receiver encryption support and if it has CI slots or only FTA.
Based on this information, you will need to choose the packages that match the encryption capabilities of the receiver.