Satfinder, Satmeter, advice suggestions

Maksat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100 cm Dish,Two Lnbs Humax Via-Fox+ Electron 900R
My Location
London
I wonder if any of you guys have used DIGIPRO EXCEL-TV (satcatcher) or Trimax, both are light meteres with built in receiver to view the programme in adition to the signal level and quality. I have seen the ads and discription but still not sure about its reliability.
If you have used one then I like to here your advice on these two or similar alternatives. Being able to view channeles and to scan certain transponder on Arabsat (now Badr3) at 26' is very important for alighning the dish to this sat. As there are at least 3 popular boquet which require on the spot adjustment to get equal and satisfactory signal quality. Your responce is appreciated. I have seen many of your posts which indicates your experties on many issues. Hope this question have your answers.

satcatcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pb 600 digipro excel tv
My Location
uk
There is a marked differance between the two meters you are talking about, in fact the trimax is not a meter at all, but a small receiver with lcd screen. the satcatcher will do everything you want for fine adjusting and finding weak signals . The tuner is very strong and sensitive and you can easily add all the transponders you need by hand without a PC. It is compatible world wide, with any lnb, and can be used to alighn to any satellite in the world ..dish size dependant of course. it is a professional meter with 2 years warrentee and is a european product ,serviced from the UK. I have tested the trimax in depth and all i can say is, it is not a meter ,you will have the same results with a free to air receiver and old tv set . the choice is yours.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
The problem is

sitting on the roof, searching for sats :-rofl2

In this case I see no choice

Thank´s for the clarification mate, it is easy get lost in the sat world

patmos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STRONG SRT-4910+,SunRay4HDse,TBS5922, 2.4M P.F Apstar7(76.5 DEGE), 120cm dish PAS 10 Ku( 68.5 DEGE),3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11DEGW) to AM33(96.5 DEGE),150 cm dish W3C(16 DeG E)+ side LNB Ew2A(10 DEGE),90cm W4/W7 (36 DEGE)
My Location
Mauritius
Anybody have used the satcatcher Exceltv here. I check it with a friend who just bought it. it seems to be good on high signal level. On weak signal it does not lock. by weak i mean 40% Sig strength and 65 % quality. This signal plays well even on my DVB card which is very critical with weak signal. On C band it appears to be ok. I do not know if we miss something.Any advice

satcatcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pb 600 digipro excel tv
My Location
uk
Hi , glad to see our meters are travelling a long way from the UK. In answer to your post. Please remember that the meter is a tool for making installation and not a piece of equipment for watching tv. Our tuner is very sensitive and will FIND! and show the satellite you need to align too. The TV function is purely an added function for checking if you are on the correct satellite by showing a free to air video picture on the screen from the satellite you are looking for. Optimising the signal, even a week signal is easy using the power level, BER, and C/N figures displayed. Week signals normally mean you are trying to find or watch a picture which would need the correct size Dish for that geographical location. A lot of Tv tuner makers or Set top box makers , tweak or optimise there tuners to cheat into receiving very week signals, this is great for the user as this give flexibility. But please realise that a professional meter must give you accurate readings +or- 2dB , so maybe will not allow you to view a very week channel. Our meters are tested all over the world and used by thousands of installers , who are very happy and report to us great results.
However , should any user have a problem or think the meter is not working correctly , satcatcher will be happy to test , fix or replace it free of charge for two years from date of purchase. If you are still worried about its performance , please contact us directly and we will he happy to help resolve your issue.

Best regards.

Satcatcher team UK