'Satisfaction' package on Hotbird

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo; 2 dishes; Astra1+2 and Hotbird, Hispasat; external DiSEqC switch.
My Location
Midlands, UK
Does anyone here have access to the Satisfaction adult package on Hotbird? I've looked at their website and the channel names/times don't seem to match the details shown on Lyngsat. I used the contact form on the Satisfaction site to enquire, but either it doesn't work or I was ignored.

If you can view the channels, could you please tell me/us about the picture quality, reliability, and current channel names&themes including specifying any part-time or shared channels.
Please also say, if you know, how long the current channel line-up has been in place.

The point of my query of course, is I don't want to subscribe to a package where I don't exactly know what is available, where the themes/channels often change without notice, or the picture quality is as poor as SexView.

Thanks a lot.

elmin

Reaction score
you can get an indirect idea of picture quality from the bitrates listed at

satcodx1.tele-satellite.com/0130/eng/

for the 11727V transponder. These are updated regularly

in Mbits/sec

S1 1.38
S2 1.40
S3 1.49
S4 1.46
S5 1.18
S6 1.36
S7 1.25
SCT 1.58

These are listed as MPEG2 'low level' channels, i.e. 352x288 resolution.

(explanation at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-2#Video_profiles_and_levels)

short of it is - the channels should be at least VideoCD quality, but nowhere near DVD or 'broadcast' quality.

viewtech-digital

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield TF5000CIP, MVision MV9085 USB NET, Cube Revo HD Twin Tuner , SKY+ HD
My Location
UK
The bit rates for satisfaction are considerably better than s_x view as you will see, although s_x On sat seems to be delivering the goods as promised with 2.13Mbs.

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
Thanks for those 2 replies on the picture quality.

The channel names/themes/content/times are now the issue I need to clarify in some detail, as explained in my first post.
I appreciate however that you two, Elmin and Viewtech-digital, may not actually have access to see them.

Of course, common sense would suggest, given what I said in my first post regarding ambiguity and lack of response, that I shouldn't even consider the Satisfaction package or maybe any of the multichannel satellite mature content packages which all seem 'flaky'. Indeed, I may not take up any new subscription and just do without or use the internet for material instead.

Lee

DarkDeveloper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Hotbird + 90cm Nilesat dishes. Comag SL100HD CI/MVision MV-9085 USB Net receivers, Windows 7 WMC PC with Pinnacle PCTV 3010x + FloppyDTV
My Location
Middle East
I have the card (will be getting around to review it soon!), my initial reaction is as follows....

S6 (Priva), S7 (Sexy Poker), SCT, S5 (Italy) are 24 hour, the others are part time channels (around 10pm - 6am, UK time)

Priva is an amateur footage channel, so unless you are in to this kind of thing, it's pretty gruesome stuff , picture quality reflects this as well (i.e. camcorder, mobile phone recordings)

Italy seems to broadcast exclusively mature content material, so not my cup of tea. Picture quality is better than SexView, but worse than Free-X (in my opinion)

SCT is on par with Free-X in terms of picture quality, but the material looks a little dated/obscure and low budget

S7/Sexy Poker is interesting, again picture quality is similar to Italy, but it does show some different films, including uncensored Japanese material

Overall, I probably won't buy this card again, mainly because I never get to see the part-time channels, making this a 4 channel card (3, if u remove the Italy (mature content) Channel)

leecovuk said:
Thanks for those 2 replies on the picture quality.

The channel names/themes/content/times are now the issue I need to clarify in some detail, as explained in my first post.
I appreciate however that you two, Elmin and Viewtech-digital, may not actually have access to see them.

Of course, common sense would suggest, given what I said in my first post regarding ambiguity and lack of response, that I shouldn't even consider the Satisfaction package or maybe any of the multichannel satellite mature content packages which all seem 'flaky'. Indeed, I may not take up any new subscription and just do without or use the internet for material instead.

Lee

leecovuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands, UK
Thanks for that, DarkDeveloper.

Have I accurately summarised below, what you've said :
-----------------------------------------------------------
S1/S2 and S3/S4 are part time channels (changeover around 10pm and 6am, UK time)
24 hour channels:
S5 (Italy) - mature content content.
S6 (Priva) - amateur content.
S7 (Sexy Poker) ?
SCT - general oldish hardcore.

Picture quality generally similar to SexView (SexView before the current very poor picture quality)
------------------------------------------------------------
Assuming I've got that correct (please clarify if not) can you or somebody else give more details including:

What content / themes are S1, S2, S3 and S4 ?

Is there any fetish material on any channels? If so, which channels and fetishes? That could include pissing, scat, very rough s_x, etc. Please specify.

Thanks again,
Lee

PS In return, if anybody wants any specific details on the SexView content, I can give that. If you post in or start a new topic to do so, please PM me to make sure I'm aware of it. I think we should keep all information off PM and in the forums though, so we can all learn.
:)

DarkDeveloper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m Hotbird + 90cm Nilesat dishes. Comag SL100HD CI/MVision MV-9085 USB Net receivers, Windows 7 WMC PC with Pinnacle PCTV 3010x + FloppyDTV
My Location
Middle East
From the quick glance that I got from the part time channels, i'd say it was pretty much the same material that you get on the rest, I think the themes (i.e. Golden Girls etc) are pretty weak...

I say that SCT has oldish contact, but I've noticed that Free-X have started showing a number of these Callbero 70/80's 'Classic' movies, so in that context SCT's are slightly newer by looking as though they were shot during the nineties.

Sexy Poker is a hard one to work out, sometimes they show uncensored japanese, othertimes amateur, sometimes transexual.....so a bit of a mixture

DarkDeveloper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middle East
From the quick glance that I got from the part time channels, i'd say it was pretty much the same material that you get on the rest, I think the themes (i.e. Golden Girls etc) are pretty weak...

I say that SCT has oldish contact, but I've noticed that Free-X have started showing a number of these Callbero 70/80's 'Classic' movies, so in that context SCT's are slightly newer by looking as though they were shot during the nineties.

Sexy Poker is a hard one to work out, sometimes they show uncensored japanese, othertimes amateur, sometimes transexual.....so a bit of a mixture