Satisfaction to penetrate Sky's UK market

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Reported on MelonFarmers , where the whole article is available. SCT are to broadcast Satisfaction channel from 28.2E, it will require an Irdeto/Viaccess decoder, which will be supplied at a subsidised price and will plug into the scart socket of the Sky Digibox.

I've put this in chit chat rather than adult section because it has more relevance than it being a mature content channel aimed at the UK market, could this be the first of perhaps several non-Sky managed channels to be offered on subscription but still via the Digibox?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Difficult to grasp the subject of connecting to another box in order to decode an encrypted channel - it sounds like its a completely seperate digital system with a loopthrough tuner, however the Sky digiboxes Ive seen to date do not have the secondary (VCR) Scart set up for auto loopthrough

Anyone else have ideas on how its done ?

(and I suppose you came across the Melonfarmers site quite by accident Rolf?)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Must confess that I can't think how it could be done, given the nature of how the box works, but that's not to say it isn't possible I guess.

PS. Just do a search for succulent fruits and up pops melonfarmers. ;)

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
More likely that they will supply a smart priority switch which will tap pin8 (12/0v) on the TV scart and link the Irdeto/Viacces receiver in a master/slave arrangement with the digibox.

And as for penetrating an entire country - even John Holmes would have drawn the line there.

2old