satlook micro

deyno

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm1500
My Location
uk
hi ppl,
i recently got a satlook micro and dont find the instructions that came with it very useful.please does anyone know the A-Z on how to use it to locate satellites? i understand it should be pretty quick.
beak.gif

i'd be very greatful to hear from you.
thanks

deyno

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm1500
My Location
uk
thanks,but it still doesnt explain it all.what should i do starting from scratch.basically i put the dish together then where do i go?? (i hope you dont think this is a dumb question )

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You've bought a tool which requires some prior technical knowledge, you probably would have been better off getting the Digisat Pro, a basic but useful meter.

First thing you do is set up the meter in the menu and tell it that it is connecting to a universal LNB.

Then you connect it to the LNB and move the dish around until you see the signal bar increase as you get near a satellite, the meter has transponder presets for some satellites.

When you have found a strong signal, go into the Digital display, this will show you the signal to noise ratio and bit error rate, they are a percentage display, so tweak for as high a reading as possible. This display should also tell you which satellite you are receiving.

Test the signals on both horizontal and vertical.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, forgot the Micro doesn't have a spectrum display, uses strength bar guages instead. :) Have altered above post.

deyno

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm1500
My Location
uk
:) :) :) hi rolf,
i finally got a hold of things and got it to work somehow....its not that straight forward but your post helped me imensely.it has loads of other features that i'll slowly get to grips with i guess.
anyway cheers mate for all the help.i'd be lost otherwise.
:) :) :) :) :)

deyno

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm1500
My Location
uk
@ maniacop32 :just wanted to say thanks for all your help.this gadget isnt the most straight forward to use in that it doesnt take you step by step but your post was very helpful.
cheers :) :) :) :) :) :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Glad you're getting some success. :)

I've had the Satlook Digital NIT for some time now and find it a very useful tool, it outperforms meters which cost four times the price. As you say, the Micro will do an awful lot and I'm sure that you'll have fun experimenting with the additional features. :)

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
rolfw said:
You've bought a tool which requires some prior technical knowledge, you probably would have been better off getting the Digisat Pro, a basic but useful meter.

First thing you do is set up the meter in the menu and tell it that it is connecting to a universal LNB.

Then you connect it to the LNB and move the dish around until you see the signal bar increase as you get near a satellite, the meter has transponder presets for some satellites.

When you have found a strong signal, go into the Digital display, this will show you the signal to noise ratio and bit error rate, they are a percentage display, so tweak for as high a reading as possible. This display should also tell you which satellite you are receiving.

Test the signals on both horizontal and vertical.

Hi Rolf

I just bought the SATLOOK Micro Plus sat metre, however the preset list does not has the satellite that I am interested. How do I save the transponder into the meter? Are there any website that I can download the satellite's transponder such as ASIASAT 3S into the SATLOOK Metre?

Birdseeker

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You can either add them directly to the meter, or use the editing/upload software from the Emitor.se site.

You don't need all of the transponders, only a couple of reference ones.

deyno

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm1500
My Location
uk
Hi guys
The presets for the transponders on the satlook micro can be added/edited by :
-turn the meter on
-go to digital and enter (black button)
-scroll down to freq and enter (black button)
and now the frequency should be editable using the big round button at the top.
-once you get the freq you want then just exit then memory and save.
ps (i found that i had to enter the name of the satellite as well or it saves it without a satellite name)
i hope this helps.
cheers

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
Thank you RolfW and Deyno, I will try later. :) Do you known where I can aquire further information other than the manual came with the instrument on how to use the SATLOOK MICRO + ?

Best regards
Birdseeker

deyno

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm1500
My Location
uk
hi birdseeker,
you must be in luck coz in your neck of the woods; AUSTRALIA i came across a website which sells satellite eqpment and sell the satlook micro.they have put together an instruction dvd on how to use the meter.
the link to the shop is
http://www.satplus.com.au/category20_1.htm

best wishes and let us know how you got on.i wouldnt mind having a copy

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
deyno said:
hi birdseeker,
you must be in luck coz in your neck of the woods; AUSTRALIA i came across a website which sells satellite eqpment and sell the satlook micro.they have put together an instruction dvd on how to use the meter.
the link to the shop is
http://www.satplus.com.au/category20_1.htm

best wishes and let us know how you got on.i wouldnt mind having a copy

Thank you Deyno

I actually waiting for my DVD by post...thank you.

Best regards
Birdseeker

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
Hi ...

Do you guy had this problem when doing the text edit on the Satlook Micro, it has very slow respond when doing the backward such as from b to a or 8 to 1 etc. However, no problem with the forward direction.

I also found that when using the big knot doing the scrolling for upward direction also experience slow respond but now problem with downward.

Last night when I tried the text edition and sabving the trasponders for few satellites, my intrument was out of power. I charged about 3-4 hours when I got it (new), uisng and play around no more than one hour. May be I did not charge it long enough, so I do the charging last night till this morning for about 9 hours. Am I over Charging it? Is that 10 hour reading when doing the recharge for battery was the max limit that I can be charge?

Thank you...

birdseeker

deyno

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm1500
My Location
uk
hi,
the problem you've mentioned about the knot button being slow in one direction is something that i've also experienced on mine.think its in all of them.
as for the battery life; i was advised to charge it fully (at first charge) for something like 8hrs (sorry cant quite be exact,it was a while back) .
then after this for no more than 3 hours and this should avoid over-charging and killing the battery.
i think to clarify this; best bet would be to contact the manufacturers and confirm.
cheers

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
deyno said:
hi,
the problem you've mentioned about the knot button being slow in one direction is something that i've also experienced on mine.think its in all of them.
as for the battery life; i was advised to charge it fully (at first charge) for something like 8hrs (sorry cant quite be exact,it was a while back) .
then after this for no more than 3 hours and this should avoid over-charging and killing the battery.
i think to clarify this; best bet would be to contact the manufacturers and confirm.
cheers

Thank you Deyno

I will do that in future charge no more than 3 hours. When I read the manual it, I think it stated that 3 hours for 85%full, so I did that. After a few tried saving the transonders, it ran out the power. Therefore, I watch carefully on the LCD screen while charging...it stated something like 30min of 10 hours....2hour or 10 hours, so I assumed that I it will take 10 hour to fully charge the battery.
Anyway, I must say that you had gave me a lot of helps. Otherwise I have to wait for my DVD to help me figure out on how to save the Transponders. I also wish to thanks Rolfw for his advise too, now I am much better understood how to used the metre.:)

I wish that I could had some sort of software that can work with SATLOOK Micro text edition, it is a pain of input the name and freq. I was wonder why Emitors didn't recongnised that problem?O-no I hated that after I saved the name or freq. then i realised that I made a tiny mistake, I have to redo the transponder and its name again, Deyno, do you have a better way of doing the correction such as typing error like Telcom instead of Telkom.

Thank you...

Best regards
Birdseeker

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
rolfw said:
You can either add them directly to the meter, or use the editing/upload software from the Emitor.se site.

You don't need all of the transponders, only a couple of reference ones.

Hi Rolf

I am not sure how to make use of the 13/18v function, can you tell me how?

I am also have query about the transponders input to the metre, if the transponders was vertical, should I use 13 volt and 18 volt for Horizontal signal? Or it doesn't matter which voltage was choosen?

Thank you......

Best Regards
Birdseeker:confused