Satshop.tv - Beware of purchasing anything from this company

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace TDS470N Sky+ Receiver, Technomate TM-5400CI+ FTA Receiver, Raven Gemini 70cm Mesh Dish with East & West offset LNB brackets, 2 x Inverto Black Ultra Single LNBs, Inverto Black Premium Quad LNB, Eurostar 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, Webro WF100 Cable
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
From my experience with purchasing goods from German company satshop.tv (trading under the company name of "Tirpanci Ltd"), I felt I should warn people who are thinking of dealing with them.

Back in June I bought some satellite equipment using their online store (_http://www.satshop.tv). While they did actually send the goods, the contents didn't exactly tally up with what I'd ordered and paid for :confused

I have now wasted the best part of 8 weeks trying to contact satshop.tv to try and get them to resolve the issue which was completely their fault but to absolutely no avail. Their customer service is appalling and they do not reply to any correspondence whatsoever :-Nooo I even found out the email address of the company owner and sent him a direct email but still absolutely no response 'O'-red

As I paid by PayPal, I assumed the PayPal buyer protection scheme would cover me and that they would intervene and help me...but I was wrong...PayPal didn't want to know and refused to get involved stating that as I had actually received some goods (even if it had just been a box of bricks), they wouldn't help me )(-red

Thankfully I had been sensible enough to pay by credit card so my card company have now taken on the case on and are in the process of initiating the recovery of my money.

If anyone is brave enough to buy anything from satshop.tv then just pray that you get the correct goods and that there are no problems with them otherwise you will end up in the same world of pain as me.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I would concur with you on PayPal, their service is appalling. Indeed I am persuing them through the courts at the moment over a travel ticket that was not as described when purchased

Telia

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
Channel Master 1.2m with Jaeger SMR1224.
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I have ordered from that shop when it started some years ago and i got what i ordered so i don't have anything to complain about.

However it seems they start acting like this when they are down for closure as you can see from other threads who ordered stuff and not getting what they have ordered.

It's not much you can do, however Paypal has always worked for me when i had trouble with Ebay sellers not refunding the money, maybe Paypal have changed to the worse over the years....

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace TDS470N Sky+ Receiver, Technomate TM-5400CI+ FTA Receiver, Raven Gemini 70cm Mesh Dish with East & West offset LNB brackets, 2 x Inverto Black Ultra Single LNBs, Inverto Black Premium Quad LNB, Eurostar 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, Webro WF100 Cable
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
You're absolutely right...I guess if they'd sent me the correct items in the first place I wouldn't have had any need to try and get in touch with them in which case I would have been happy but also oblivious to the fact that they clearly have ZERO after sales customer service. This is basically what I am trying to warn potential customers about here. If you do buy some items and receive what you ordered then if something goes wrong with them a few months down the line, the liklihood of you being able to contact satshop.tv for a repair or replacement is ZERO :mad:

If they'd have made some kind of effort to rectify the problem which was their fault then I would be fine with it but it is completely unacceptable that they don't even acknowledge my (initially) polite requests asking them to please look into their mistake so I can send back the incorrect items and exchange then for what I did actually order. All I wanted them to do was to rectify their mistake and I would have gone away a happy customer.

The so called PayPal "buyer protection scheme" is also a joke. I went through the proper channels for raising a dispute and used their dispute system to try and communicate with satshop.tv but after 3 weeks sending messages to satshop.tv with absolutely no response I then escalated the dispute to a claim. Literally within 2 seconds of doing this I received an email reply saying that my case had been reviewed (what...in one second??? :confused:confused:confused) and that they couldn't help me as I had actually received some goods (even though I had listed the dispute as being for "goods supplied not as described"). I tried to reason with them over this but they weren't having any of it and just kept sending back the same standard replies. If I'd known a computer was going to make this decision then I wouldn't have bothered wasting another 3 weeks with the PayPal dispute system. So, if paying by PayPal then don't expect much in the way of "buyer protection" if something goes wrong and the purchase was not made for an eBay item. Convieniently PayPal don't seem to advertise the lack of protection for non eBay purchased items and it is only when you start delving deep into the small print that you realise they've screwed you over by making you think you were actually protected for all types of purchases using their service when actually you're not )(-red

Hopefully my credit card company will be able to get the chargeback done and when that happens I will be giving satshop.tv a big fat 2 finger salute :-123

A nonymous

Reaction score
Paypal only covers you for stuff purchased on eBay as they are both in each others pockets :confused

You may as well have sent them an envelope full of cash as you would have had the same level of protection :mad:

The only way to guarentee safety when buying online is to use your Credit card :-righton

The biggest suprise is that you actually found a German company which accepts PayPal, most of them only accept bank transfer 'O'

:-beer

Nano

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
never heard of that german sat shop. i've only dealt with hm-sat.de which was very good to deal with.

good job you used your credit card through paypal as hopefully they should be able to do the charge back

Telia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I know the feeling when you try to contact a shop and they ignore you and laugh in your face, i have been in that situation.

I bought from a German shop called Satprofishop or egesat.de and he refused to answer the emails when i asked why i haven't received the goods until i called him and he was so rude and aggressive towards me, i was shocked, he gave me a fake tracking number just to get rid of me....

Eventually the goods arrived 1 month later...

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
wod said:
good job you used your credit card through paypal as hopefully they should be able to do the charge back
Well I have just received a letter this morning from my credit card company and after telling me over the phone last week that they should be able to get my money back they are now telling me that they can't and that I will have to speak to PayPal. So I am going round and round in circles hitting my head against a brick wall on each revolution.

So much for PayPal / Credit Card payment protection schemes )(-red

Looks like my only option now left is to write some stongly worded letters to both PayPal and the credit card company about their complete lack of customer protection and their failure to try and do anything to help me. If that doesn't work then my credit card company can be sure to lose my business as I will be cancelling both credit cards I have with them and will be taking my custom elsewhere.

Telia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
The mistake people make is that they don't phone the company, have you actually phoned satshop.tv any time?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
garym71 said:
So much for PayPal / Credit Card payment protection schemes )(-red

Looks like my only option now left is to write some stongly worded letters to both PayPal and the credit card company about their complete lack of customer protection and their failure to try and do anything to help me.

No point in writing to Paypal. I've done it countless times and all it has done is waste time and paper.

Best bet is to speak to the Financial Ombudsman once you have made that call to the supplier.

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
Just an update to this...

It would help if whoever answers the phone at satshop.tv could speak some English. I tried twice with no luck. Unfortunately I don't speak any German.

I had no real choice in the end but to cut my losses so I just purchased a different model of Inverto Black LNB that was readily available from a UK supplier instead. Now all fitted with no problems so at least this saga is over with and I won't be going anywhere near satshop.tv again in the future.

If anyone wants a good quality quattro Inverto Black Ultra LNB (model number IDLB-QUTL40-ULTRA-OPP, full specs:
_http://www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?id=86&typ=5) then I am prepared to let it go for £25 plus postage costs which is £20 less than I paid for it so please PM me if you're interested. These are not currently available from any UK supplier. If there is no interest then I will stick it on eBay in about a weeks time.

kungu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4 M offset dish, 1.5 offset dish, 2.4 m prime focus dish 1.8 meter prime focus dish, Lnbs-- Inverto sliver tech quad, Inverto ultra black quad, invercom quad + 120 attachment, Receivers-- Strong 4010 hd, Dreambox 800 Hd, Dreamworld DM750 Hd, Vanta
My Location
Africa, kenya, Limuru
garym71 said:
Just an update to this...

It would help if whoever answers the phone at satshop.tv could speak some English. I tried twice with no luck. Unfortunately I don't speak any German.

will stick it on eBay in about a weeks time.

Hi all,

Am form kenya and i sent bank transfer to Satshop twice but have not received the inverto ultra black quad lnb i ordered for.
Form the first amount i sent the of 60 Euro, the replyed through email telling me the money was not enough and less 5 Euros,
I sent an addition amount of 25 Euros to also cover bank charges and the are still calming the have not received the amount while my bank has given me documents showing that the two payments went through.
Have called several times but the guy whom picks up the phone at the shop is a true gentleman to give one good customer service support and sometimes is very rude telling one that he is too busy attending another customer and cannot assist.
When you write to them, the do not reply.
I highly believe satshop.tv/ is a total scam and all should be very carefully when dealing with them.
If anyone has a link to a company selling the inverto black ultra quad lnb please assist me with the adress.

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
At least you got a bit further than I did with someone who speaks (or is prepared to speak) English but it's not good if you've sent money and they still haven't sent you the goods.

You could try "hm-sat shop" who sell the Ultra Black range of LNBs as well although they are also based in Germany so you would have to take your chances again.

I didn't want to take the risk with another foreign supplier so in the end I bought an Inverto Black Premium Quad (IDLB-QUDL40-PREMU-OPP) instead from a supplier based in my own country (UK) where it is much easier to deal with if there are any problems. I have found the Premium model to be excellent quality and now question if the Ultra model would have offered me anything noticeably better than the Premium model. Maybe the Premium model is also worth considering if you can find a supplier in your own country who sells them.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Hi,

I've used HM Sat twice in the past, for buying my receiver and my Gibertini. Both times their goods and service have been excellent. Of course I can't speak for their delivery service to the UK or indeed Kenya but I can recommend them.

Pete

Telia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Top shops in Europe are HM-sat and Satplace, i would say Satplace is better by a nudge but don't have the same broad assortment.

Another secret good shop is _http://internet-sat-shop.de/shop/

Telia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo PVR 1GB HDD
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
kungu said:
Hi all,
Have called several times but the guy whom picks up the phone at the shop is a true gentleman to give one good customer service support and sometimes is very rude telling one that he is too busy attending another customer and cannot assist.
When you write to them, the do not reply.
I highly believe satshop.tv/ is a total scam and all should be very carefully when dealing with them.
If anyone has a link to a company selling the inverto black ultra quad lnb please assist me with the adress.

I would also warn about EGESAT _http://www.egesat.de/ he also goes under the name satprofishop on Ebay Germany.

That guy is very rude and lie all the time, i ordered 15 Smart Titanium to my Wavefrontier T90 and time went by and didn't get any package, i emailed and asked for tracking number but he gave me a false one.

Every week i contacted him but eventually i called him and he was very rude and told me he doesn't have time with stinking customers, he actually yelled in the phone and i told him to take his last breath because i have contacted the local police and he got afraid.

4 days later i received the package, sometimes i don't know what's wrong with some people.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi friends ..
Before I make a complete ass' of myself and make Gary and offer for his Quattro lnb ...
Can anyone tell me what the physical differences are between a Quattro and a Quad black ultra ?

In other words ...will it fit on my TD110 dish with the triax supplied lnb holder ?
rgds 2 all
VS

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Quad - 4 independant outputs to feed to four different satellite receievers - or two different PVRs that have a double input.

Quattro - 4 fixed outputs of low band vertical, low band horizontal, high band vertical and high band horizontal. Must be used with a multiswitch in order to be able to feed multiple satellite receivers.

The Quad can be thought of as a Quattro with a built-in four output multiswitch.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Thanks for that very informative description Paul...
Sadly the quattro will not be suitable for my particular install ..
Sorry Gary.
I understand your frustration now ..I do hope you find a punter for your LNB.
rgds
VS

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
No problem VS, the LNB is now actually sold anyway :) I still lost money no thanks to satshop.tv but at least I got a more than half of it back and someone else has got themselves a top quality LNB at a good price :)

Thanks also to kungu for bumping my post.