Satview secam/pal transcoder

Dragon45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Stand alone Sky system. 1.0 motorised dish with 12 inch actuator, 0.3dB MTI LNB, TM1500 CI+ Super,
My Location
South Wales
Hi all
Just trying to educate myself want enjoy this hobby and looking for bits and pieces to play with. I notice that there is a Satview secam/pal transcoder for sale on fleabay going very cheap. Does anyone know what this piece of kit does and would it be worth getting.

Cheers for now

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It enables you to watch analogue transmissions using the SECAM standard on a PAL TV and possibly vice versa, only really useful if you are watching the French analogue channels on 5 West.

PS. He won't get much for it, as he's spelling it seacam and nobody will find it and also, many European manufactured TV sets handle all standards anyway. :)

Dragon45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Stand alone Sky system. 1.0 motorised dish with 12 inch actuator, 0.3dB MTI LNB, TM1500 CI+ Super,
My Location
South Wales
Thanks for that speedy response rolfw.

Cheers for now

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
My TV which is a good 10+ years old can handle SECAM transmissions (maybe even NTSC) as it can easily view the Analogue transmissions off 5w... :)

So unless you have a really old TV, then there really isn't much use for one of those Transcoders these days... :D

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hi!
secam,transmissions,in europe,are only analouge,on the france telecom satelite 5w, of france national telvision!

signal,i heard,will be,swtiched,of,in the near future!

so,we have,no source,to test it,after that!

i have panasonic w1 vcr,it can record every signal,in every standart worldwide,not depence,on the source !