Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Dreambox 7000
1.1 Motorised Dish
Diablo 2.3
My Location
Ireland
I first scanned Thor and a few other satellites and my Fortec Star Passion will not pick up the HD channels. I then entered all the required information manually using the remote which failed and then Setedit which also failed. Is there a reason for this as I had a problem getting ITVHD to setup but eventually got it with manual settings:-worship

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Which HD channels? When you say 'pick up', do you mean you can't view the FTA or encrypted ones or they don't appear in your scanned list?

vulmac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Dreambox 7000
1.1 Motorised Dish
Diablo 2.3
My Location
Ireland
No they do not appear on the scanned list. The ones I was looking for were Discovery HD and Kanal 5 HD on Thor and any others available. I am using the latest firmware and loader for the Fortec Star. Luxe Hd is ok as is BBC HD ITVHd on 28 East. Premier Hd and Discovery HD are ok on 19 East .I cant figure why the scan is not picking up the others as the frequencies are there in the list of transponders.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Kanal 5 HD may be off limits at your location - do you receive any other channels on the 12.399H TP?

vulmac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Dreambox 7000
1.1 Motorised Dish
Diablo 2.3
My Location
Ireland
No nothing showing up on it. I had Discovery HD on Thor I had to enter all manually and it was working ok. I was having problems with the motor and done a factory reset on the Passion. Now I cant remember where I got the instructions in the first place.

vulmac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Dreambox 7000
1.1 Motorised Dish
Diablo 2.3
My Location
Ireland
I spent two nights adjusting my dish to get the Thor signal a little better. It did not make a great deal of difference. I decided to check my lnb to see could I get a better one with a lower signal to noise ratio and there was the problem. The collar holding the lmb in place had sprung slightly open . I took the lnb off inserted it into the collar again problem solved. All HD channels scanned in. :p