BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hi folks, another dumb question...

Couldn't find a better section to put this is in, so here goes...

I have my Sly digibox, and now my Dreambox. Trouble is, they are both fighting for the one RGB scart socket on my telly. I think that what I want is a scart priority switch, so that the family can watch rubbish TV, then I can fire up the old Dreambox when it's time to watch footy or films. Sounds Ideal that the Dreambox would just swipe the scart connection when it was turned on. Seriously lazy!

I would like a decent one though. I don't want to spoil the picture or sound quality.

I've seen a couple of good reviews of the JS Technology MSC Master Scart Controller but it's a lot of dosh for a switch ('bout £50).

[size=-1]
msc-thumb.jpg
[/size]

Anyone got any advice or have any experience of such boxes (or similar)?

All feedback greatfully accepted!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Doesn't say a lot about the spec Llew, but it isn't a lot of money. www.richersounds.co.uk also do one for a similar price.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Thanks fellas.

I'll let you know which way I go. Don't think it'll have a remote though... I can't get to the far side of my lounge as it is!

I do like the Argos try-before-you-buy scheme though...;)

NE1 ever heard of the SmartScart switchbox?