scart switch box, what goes where?

portly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush freesat hd box, iss 70cm dish,single passion lnb , goodmans GDB15HD freeview box
My Location
heathrow
Afternoon people:)

Ive got a scart switch box which i thought would come in handy as im about it install a sat setup, but im confused as to what were and how.I want to connect my tv,freeview box video and sat box up so i can switch between the free view and sat boxes that way i can get the channels missing off fta.I would like to be able to record from both boxes too.
tv=2 scarts
freeview=2 scarts
video=2 scarts
sat box= 1 scart

Ther must be a simple logic to the switch box , but my brain has had it today:-rofl2
Keep it nice and simple guys:-doh!

Attachments

• DSC00050.JPG
    DSC00050.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC00051.JPG
    DSC00051.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 51

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
It's not that difficult, just connect a SCART lead from the TV output on the STBs & VCR into the three inputs on the switch, then the Monitor output goes to the TV. To record off the Freeview and Satellite boxes, you might need to have a SCART cable coming from both box's VCR output going into the VCR's Input, but whether you can have both connected depends on what input sockets your VCR has (Could be just SCART or SCART & Phono), that switch looks rather confusing!!! :)

EDIT:
Actually, I figured it out!!! Connect your VCR to socket A, then your Freeview and Sat to of B & C (up to you which way round), then you select which box you want to record off by pressing the B-A or C-A buttons, your VCR should support 2-way functionality on it's scart socket as that's what they were designed for... :)

portly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush freesat hd box, iss 70cm dish,single passion lnb , goodmans GDB15HD freeview box
My Location
heathrow
Cheers 2cvbloke:-righton

ill give that a go, i did have the instructions some where but even they were totally useless:-doh!

Do you mean input when refering to socket? and tv in the tv/monitor input?
thanks again Gaz

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
portly said:
Cheers 2cvbloke:-righton

ill give that a go, i did have the instructions some where but even they were totally useless:-doh!

Do you mean input when refering to socket? and tv in the tv/monitor input?
thanks again Gaz

No probs... :)

Yes, when I referred to "Input" I mean the sockets, and yes the TV connects to the "TV/Monitor" socket... :)