scart to RF coax?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
picture the scene... rush down to the pub to watch the United game on ART today.. and he informs me and the rest of the crowd its on delay till 5:30pm!!!

i said cant you get TPS he said no :(

i said i can i go home get my box and plug it in, cos my DB gets TPS no problem..

so i did and it worked, only thing was it only worked on his TV upstairs... and the signal is sent downstairs using a normal TV coax???

as the Dreambox only has a scart output, is it possible to somehow solve this problem... maybe a Scart cable to Coax converter/adapter... does one exist?

someone else must have had a similar problem, ie sending to another room?

open to suggestions..

PS the crowd in the pub missed 15 mins, then ended up watching the Chelsea game instead.

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Get a 7020S.
It has a RF output/loop through.

If not get a sender that allows the signal from one scart outlet to be sent to a reciever box connected to scart socket and most nowadays allow a remote control signal to be relayed back to the sender box. So late night xx viewing can be got in the bedroom with one hand! (obviously for ManU fans!!!)

Regards,
Tiggy,

:-mamster
Boring Boring Chelsea la la la another 3 points and great goal average.
({})

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
RedDevil_UK said:
picture the scene... rush down to the pub to watch the United game on ART today.. and he informs me and the rest of the crowd its on delay till 5:30pm!!!

i said cant you get TPS he said no :(

i said i can i go home get my box and plug it in, cos my DB gets TPS no problem..

so i did and it worked, only thing was it only worked on his TV upstairs... and the signal is sent downstairs using a normal TV coax???

as the Dreambox only has a scart output, is it possible to somehow solve this problem... maybe a Scart cable to Coax converter/adapter... does one exist?

someone else must have had a similar problem, ie sending to another room?

open to suggestions..

PS the crowd in the pub missed 15 mins, then ended up watching the Chelsea game instead.

I have to say, I am shocked and horrified :-crying about the terrible 15 minutes honest reds had to endure because of your inability to improvise! :p

All you had to do is set up a few mirrors from downstairs, even the ancient Egyptians knew how to do that...
But seriously, an easy option is to loop it through a video recorder, most of them have a scart entrance as well as a normal coax. So all he has to do is put any old VCR next to the dreambox upstairs...

I don't know of course why the dreambox does not work with the TV downstairs, but whatever the reasons I never want to hear such a horror story like this again!

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yep, that would do it. :)