Scart to S-VHS connections

rkhsaw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax, dragon, Matrix, 4 dishes
My Location
France
Can anyone advise ?
My Humax CI5100 doesn't have an S-vhs din output but it does state in the specs that the scart output supports S-vhs. When I connect to my AV receiver via a scart to s-vhs adaptor & s-vhs lead, I get black& white pictures, i.e. it's not picking up the chrominance signal.
It could be that the adaptor isn't wired as expected (it's one of those scart plugs with an in/out switch and a s-vhs socket on the back).

Has anyone out there used s-vhs from a scart plug out the back of a Humax ?

Does anyone know how how the adaptor should be wired internally ?

Many thanks in advance
rkhsaw

markhunter99

Reaction score
rkhsaw said:
Can anyone advise ?
My Humax CI5100 doesn't have an S-vhs din output but it does state in the specs that the scart output supports S-vhs. When I connect to my AV receiver via a scart to s-vhs adaptor & s-vhs lead, I get black& white pictures, i.e. it's not picking up the chrominance signal.
It could be that the adaptor isn't wired as expected (it's one of those scart plugs with an in/out switch and a s-vhs socket on the back).

Has anyone out there used s-vhs from a scart plug out the back of a Humax ?

Does anyone know how how the adaptor should be wired internally ?

Many thanks in advance
rkhsaw

Hi Rkshaw.

I bought an S-video - scart connector a couple of years back but, despite various attempts and configurations, couldn't even get a picture. It was admittedly a cheap one from a well known auction site, so a more expensive one might do the job.

Mark

rkhsaw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax, dragon, Matrix, 4 dishes
My Location
France
Thanks for the reply, Mark.

Got the answer ! :D
It turns out that you need to "tell" the Humax what type of scart output you require in the setup menu.
This is now logical as it turns out that s-vhs uses the same pins as composite so you have to decide which you want.

Definitive SCART pin-outs available at:
http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/eprebel/SoundAndVision/Engineering/SCART.html

-Back to my "spaghetti". lol