Schematic For Echostar AD3000ip Power Supply

vlammie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ad-300IP
My Location
NL
Hi Justone

I have repaired some in past, and it can be a difficult job, if you don't know where to look.
In the netherlands somebody is offering these PSU's on "Marktplaats" for 28 euro. May be this link wil help to get in touch with the quy, and he might be able to offer you a replacement for the PSU.
_http://link.marktplaats.nl/207759188
It advertisement is in Dutch unfortunately, but you can use google translate if you wish.

Good luck:)

Vlammie

justone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AD3000IP, 2* IPBox 250S PVR, Kathrein 90 dish with 2*Quattro LNBs, dBox1, a couple of PC TV cards
My Location
Germany
This was a good one (the link) and a real good one (to use google translation). Looks as if google still needs some more investment into it's translation routines, since the result was really amusing.

I had a closer look using a magnifying glass and, well the hotspot turned out to be more or less a desoldering-spot. One end of the resistor seems to have totally lost contact, and when I watch Llew's schematics this surely blew up either diodes or ICs if not both. I assume so since correcting this issue didn't change anything.

Thus, thanks for the link, hopefully this guy does respond to my email.

vlammie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ad-300IP
My Location
NL
Hi Justone

Google translate can be very amusing indeed, but i find it very helpful in understanding at least something of a language i don't have any idea about.

I live in the Netherlands so if i can be of any help, let me know.

Vlammie

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
justone said:
Wow, pretty fast answer (even while xmas time)

Ok did as suggested, with an ordinary multimeter, but it turned out to be tricky task. Since, when pluggin in the unit, relais start clickering and voltages change per click. Thus, plug off ... wait until capacitors cleared and re-plugin the whole lot. And 1 out of 20 attempts, the relais seems to remain in a state where the outputs at CN2 have power.
What I detected was the following:
SKEW=5
M-P=4
WEST=5
EAST=5
5VS=5.1
PCS=4.3
30V=37,3
21V=24,9
G=GND
12V=11,8
G=GND
5VD=5,1
5VD=5,1
9V=8,8
G=GND

Values differ on the 21V and 30V line by let's say -2/+5 V when trying differnt times.
One times the machine even fired up until the display did show a channelnumber. Relais did click 1 times which is normal when being connected to the mains.

Besides, I studied your nice DaVinci attempt (great work) with all the comments and the list of items. From scratch, I would simply buy them all in case that helps getting the Echostar going again, but I'm really lost with electronics. I could surely buy them, solder them in the correct way(orientation) but I can't simply guess what's wrong.

Just in case it matters, none of the electrolyts are exploded or such like. And I also got the usual 2 hotspots at R3/R17

Lost again ... anything else I could check next ? A and no I got nothing besides a multimeter and a soldering iron.

Sorry, just caught up with your post (busy on another project).

Voltages look OK (when it's stable), I suspect an intermittent contact somewhere. Tapping or prodding components gently with an insulated probe (plastic pen etc.) may find the culprit.

Using an aerosol freezer or warming up components when the fault occurs can often isolate faults too.

Llew

justone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AD3000IP, 2* IPBox 250S PVR, Kathrein 90 dish with 2*Quattro LNBs, dBox1, a couple of PC TV cards
My Location
Germany
Thanks Llew & Vlammie ...

bought the one Vlammie pointed at, and it arrived today, and works like a charm. (wonder how one managed to get next to no hotspot, looks as if being really rarely used). And it was really cheap keepin' in mind that I would likely have payed much more for 3-4 ICs on their own.

And the good thing, I could likely measure some voltages at differnt points to see if I find vital differences between the damaged and the working one, and see if I could locate the issue using Llew's nice schematics.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Good to know that there's a source for these PSU's, Echostar spares don't usually appear on the market. Might get one myself as a spare before they dry up.

Yes, a voltage comparison might be worth doing. Glad that you are up and running.

Llew

Jamie

Reaction score
Hi
please help.
how is the power supply protected from
an LNB or Dish Motor Short

Jamie

toz99

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have also some psp problems with my AD-3000IP and read all your recommendations.
As a contribution i'm posting 2 original schematics from this receiver :p

Best Regards
Thomas from Brazil

Attachments

• 37ep.pdf
    38 KB · Views: 242
  • Hy-35eb.pdf
    14.5 KB · Views: 176

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Excellent toz99. :) I shall now check any mistakes in my schematic :eek:

Thanks

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Jamie said:
Hi
please help.
how is the power supply protected from
an LNB or Dish Motor Short

Jamie

A short on the 36V supply to the motor operates the protection circuit (an optocouper shuts down the chopper IC providing the 36V).

There's little protection for an LNB or cable short, no fuse. Usually one of the H/V switching transistors gives up the ghost if the short is prolonged.

Llew

toz99

Reaction score
After changing IC1 (1H565R), Diode D5 (N4937) and resistor R9 (100k 2W), the receiver fired up normally :-jumpsmile

Thanks folks for this threat, which should help many poeple :-worship

Thomas - Brazil

Sixoence

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2
Amstrad Digibox
Echostar AD3000
Manhattan ST550
My Location
UK
Hi - my AD3000 seems to be fading.....Its a great machine but recently has lost channels still available on my other box. A tuner fault maybe? Anyone got any ideas as to whether this can be repaired?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Perhaps your transponder database is full. Try deleting some TP's that you don't use and rescan those you need.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A full reset is probably in order, and just scan in the FTA channels on the more popular satellites.

Anyone with a motorised dish of 50cms or more with a 3000/3600 could well be in jeopardy now there are so many transponders out there.

Sixoence

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2
Amstrad Digibox
Echostar AD3000
Manhattan ST550
My Location
UK
Hi Thanks for the replies. To clarify, the channel list is not full. It just won't find previously scanned channels, reporting 'no signal'. Its as though the signal has become very weak but this is not the case as my other box works fine. If the tuner module is suspect, can it be repaired/replaced??

Cheers,

Sixoence

chuckiman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have an Echostar AD 3000IP,Aston modul,Diablo 2.2,Cas 3+,Mastera 4,Seasons 2,Gold card.
My Location
Ukraine
Hi to every one. This is my first posting on this forum.
Can some one help ?
My AD3000IP heats up even after putting it off (stand by).
I can not understand what may be the problem.please any opinion of what
is causing this.

chuckiman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have an Echostar AD 3000IP,Aston modul,Diablo 2.2,Cas 3+,Mastera 4,Seasons 2,Gold card.
My Location
Ukraine
Hi to every one. This is my first posting on this forum.
Can some one help ?
My AD3000IP heats up even after putting it off (stand by).
I can not understand what may be the problem.please any opinion of what
is causing this.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi, welcome to the forum. They usually run quite warm even in standby. If it's happened over a period of time, maybe an accumulatoin of dust/fluff inside, or blocked ventilation holes. Check inside the receiver.

Make sure the box has plenty of space to allow air circulation through the holes.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi, welcome to the forum. They usually run quite warm even in standby. If it's happened over a period of time, maybe an accumulatoin of dust/fluff inside, or blocked ventilation holes. Check inside the receiver.

Make sure the box has plenty of space to allow air circulation through the holes.

chuckiman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ukraine
Thanks Llew for the response. I have check that and looks well and have place a fan inside as many on the forum says.but the fan never turn off when the box is turned off.I was expecting the fan to go off when the box is turn off.