Scorpion sting drug craze in India

N

net1

Indians are reportedly flocking to try a new craze - getting high on scorpion stings.

Roadside stalls in the Bharuch district of Gujarat are offering punters the chance to get their palms stung by scorpions kept in aluminium containers.

The Times of India reports that the momentary pain gives way to an illusionary floating feeling.

The scorpion stings costs up to £2.70 a go.

The sting sellers are very secretive about their trade and entertain new clients only with proper references.

But one store operator was quoted by the paper as saying: "You should at least try it once...it's a life time experience."

Studies have revealed that scorpion venom contains a variety of compounds, neurotoxins, histamine, seratonin, enzymes, enzyme inhibitors that provide the high.

The enzymes and toxins are actually used by the arachnid to digest its food and paralyse its prey.

Experts say most scorpions are not fatal to humans - but any scorpion can kill someone who is allergic to their venom.

munkey

I luuurve Bananas
Reaction score
My Location
Whipsnade
F*** it. I'll try anything once.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ill stick to the stuff they presently sell in Amsterdam thankyou

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
DVD or video tape, CH? :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Only the live shows