Advice Needed SCR and dSCR Satellite Multiswitches

jonniecheescake

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+hd
My Location
london
Hi,
Just got a few questions, wondered if anyone can help?
is dSCR the same as SCR with regards to IRS multiswitches?
or if not, what is the difference?
Also how can you test measure the dSCR signals from one of the new dSCR style multiswitches,
are there any meters or spectrum analysers out there that can test and measure the 16 user bands.
or do engineers just test the normal legacy satellite signals from the switch with their old meters and hope for the best!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can test the dSCR bands, but in real terms you only need to test one, as the dSCR switches output every band at similar dbs. I use my Promax Ranger in SCR mode to test.

dSCR and SCR are similar, only the Sky dSCR has mor bands.

jonniecheescake

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+hd
My Location
london
thanks for your reply,
i have a promax explorer, so how can i test a single band from the dSCR multiswitch with it in SCR mode?
never used that function before.
do i have to input a channel or freq?
and what should i be looking for with regard to a good or poor signal?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'll have a look at the function on the meter tomorrow and see exactly, but I believe they launch at quite high signal strength, so if the measurement in legacy mode is good, so will the SCR mode be.