Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Anyone else tried this baby?

Bloomin' good I fink.

You can instantly tell it's a quality image. It's quick, responsive (no mini-lock-ups on remote-presses). Nice OSD. Excellent menu structure. Clean and simple.

It even has Flashwizard built in for all you Mac/Linux-heads!

Fast and well-organised Internet download of emus and plugins etc. all in one place. This is one thing that takes some of the shine off of Gemini for me.

All the latest CAMs are available for download.

NO KEYS are included in any of them. This is great! It means that they shouldn't get wiped off the face of the Earth anytime soon, and you can either just install Spartans, or copy over your keys from whatever else you have in multiboot/flash.

I'm running it alongside DMM 109 Official in flash, and Gemini 107 also on USB.

It's available from _http://www.satnews.it/ricevitori/dreambox/firmware/index.shtml#0

Here's the readme if anyone is interested...

_http://www.satnews.it/ricevitori/dreambox/firmware/SDT/readme_DaVinci_Tertia.txt

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Yes tried it the other night when looking for the nds thingy. 1st reaction was the quality of the reception. I agree with you about the keys as well. Hopefully it will be supported for a long time now.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Very interesting, i'm at work and cant wait anymore to get that new image. After i've failed to install Hydra Phoenix last night, want to try some different then Hydra.

Thanks for info.
Sput.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
sputnick said:
Very interesting, i'm at work and cant wait anymore to get that new image. After i've failed to install Hydra Phoenix last night, want to try some different then Hydra.

Thanks for info.
Sput.

I dont think you will be disappointed.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
How can an a different image affect picture quality? Any motor problems?

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
I dont think it will affect my picture, i do have a DM7000 ( you know how much it costs ) but I have a Sony Tv 14 years old, got from my mother. It shows all kind of colors , hehe :)

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
gbox also working perfect with this image.anyone find a way of sticking an emu to a channel ?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Don't think you can. I think that's about all it's missing.

I think it's great. SDT appears to have implemented a smaller font size on the channel lists which makes it far easier to read in 3-column mode, plus a whole host of other really nice little touches. I love the look of the OSD.

I even like the boot-up logo! I wish they would spend some time tarting up the web interface though... :( - Maybe I'll do it for them... :)

Sad-bloke.

mbranco

Order of "Knight of the Idiot Guide"
Reaction score
yah, SDT team is wonderful, and their image is the best one!
(ehm, I'm Italian, so please excuse me if my point of view maybe is not so objective....)

They are working on sticking emus to channels, I'm sure that soon we'll see this in their next images. :)

costasd3

Dreambox Emu Tamer
Reaction score
One of the best things on their images is that is very stable. I am using their images for a while now and i never had to reboot my box because of a freeze!!!

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
I'm using this as my 'main' image & really like it :)

Only problem I've found is that I can't record any of the MV's - the recording hangs a few seconds in (I assume when the prog goes from FTA to encrypted). This is using newcamd 6.0.

Anyone else having the same?

mbranco

Reaction score
racingclubuk said:

Only problem I've found is that I can't record any of the MV's - the recording hangs a few seconds in (I assume when the prog goes from FTA to encrypted). This is using newcamd 6.0.

It's not an SDT problem it's a newcamd problem: this emu is very cpu- consuming, and db several times freezes while manage emu and recording together.

:)

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
not had it on any other image before & newcamd is the only emu I use.

as I say - it always seems to be when the prog goes encrypted :(

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I'm having a lot of mini-freezes during recording ATM. Can't decide if it's NewcamD (using both 5.28 and 6.0 in various images) or maybe my HDD which is pretty full and could maybe do with defragging/reformatting...?!?!

Only used to have this problem in the last days of T@quilla, but now on MV/TP$ aswell.

Going to try using camd3 for a series of recording tests. Wasn't using it as my default emu as I can't get it to do Polsat, and it's VERY slow to open ABsat. I think the latter is to do with priority settings, but can't be bothered to rip camd3 apart to see how it's configuration works ATM.

gerrykiddy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s
There is an update to Newcamd 6.01 which claims to fix this particular problem

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
racingclubuk said:

Recorded the match on tps yesterday and no problems with it using newcamd 6.01 with da Vinchi. Perfect.

mbranco

Reaction score
Italian forums are full of threads about freezes during sky(nds) recordings , and the problem is not fixed with newcamd 6.01 (but of course each encryprition system is different, and I don't know which systems are used for MV, or ATM...)

Here in Italy the problem has been solved few days ago, putting in flash the last original beta image 109.1b (12may2005), whose readme says also "Less cpu usage when recording and playing. Resulting in Enigma responding faster. Recording now works better with higher bitrates. (driver fix)"
But it's not a public beta, and there are warnings to use it (it changes also the FrontProcessor, from 1.05 to 1.06)
:)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
racingclubuk said:
& the Multiv*'s?

Didnt try mv yet, will do a test record now.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
BGonaSTICK said:
or maybe my HDD which is pretty full and could maybe do with defragging/reformatting...?!?!

How do you do de-fragment the drive on the 7000?