season interface?

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Hi used to visit this forum couple of years ago - good to be back!!

I am thinking of getting into digital satellite and have a season interface back from the D2MAC days where I used a program on my PC. The thing is I cannot remember what this program was called. Could anyone help in letting me know whether I can still use this card and what digital reciever and interface software to use.

Thanks in advance.

Malling.

pentrell

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The WALLBANGER program is the best for smartcard emulation. You'll find the program and the updated keys at:
http://www.digigate.net/tonydoe/
Yes your season interface card should still work.
I use a Humax F1VACI machine myself but that's a bit old by today's standards.Hope this helps you.
Give me a shout if you want to know any more. :)

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Thanks pentrell for your reply. Visited the site you recommended and downloaded the program, looks like alot of channels to choose from! Think I will be running to the local sat shop for the kit in the morning (and probably posting silly questions in the evening after I have pulled my hair out trying to set it all up!).

Thanks again mate. :cool:

Malling.

pentrell

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That's ok mate. Wallbanger program is very easy to set up, and now, you don't even need to edit the keys yourself(well, not usually anyway)Just go back to the tonydoe site and download the latest Wallbanger keys,delete the old ones in your original folder and drag or copy the new key files into your Wallbanger folder.
I think you'll find the new keys in the SOFTWARE section of tonydoe's site. They actually come originally from the satkoos site where you can also get them.
Obviously, only change the key files when you see they've been updated - ok:)

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Yes it looks similar to the prog I used for D2MAC, managed to get the new keys as well from the site, just like the old days. I think it is by far the best way to decrypt satellite channels with the season interface, no programming cards just plug in to your PC and go!

When I get the system it will be a motorised unit would I be better to get a receiver and 6 in 1 CAM for a better selection of channels, as I gather, I would be able to decrypt Irdeto, Viaaccess an Seca encryption or are seperate CAMs better?

Thanks again, Malling.

pentrell

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well that's up to you really. I bought individual Seca and Irdito cams myself, I have an embedded Viaccess cam in my Humax so I didn't have to buy that one. That was 3 years ago though - the 3in1 or 6in1 weren't available then.
I'd imagine you'd be better off with the 6in1 then.
What are the 6 anyway? Seca1&2 Irdito1&2 and Viaccess1&2? Let me know can you? Cheers.

pentrell

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well that's up to you really. I bought individual Seca and Irdito cams myself, I have an embedded Viaccess cam in my Humax so I didn't have to buy that one. That was 3 years ago though - the 3in1 or 6in1 weren't available then.
I'd imagine you'd be better off with the 6in1 then.
What are the 6 anyway? Seca1&2 Irdito1&2 and Viaccess1&2? Let me know can you? Cheers malling.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The six as far as I can see are Viaccess, Irdeto, Betacrypt,Seca/Mediaguard, TPS and Nagravision.

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Yes if you go to http://www.satelliteshop.co.uk/ then the Globe 6 in 1 cams are on that page. The info says Seca 1/2, Viaaccess 1/2, Nagravision, Irdeto, Betacrypt and Cryptoworks all in one module!

Hope this helps.

Mallum.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The "Cryptoworks" capability is misleading. Some CAMs are supposedly able to proces Cryptoworks control messages, but there is no Cryptoworks wafer hack. So the 6-in-1 cards are not referring to Cryptoworks as the sixth encryption system. In fact the list Rolf gave is correct. TPScrypt (a variant of Viaccess used by the French TPS provider) is the 6th one.

Note: some people (and all people up to a year ago or so) referred to Irdeto and Betacrypt as just one system since they are virtually identical. So there was a period when some people counted, say, 4-in-1 while another would refer to it as 3-in-1. These days it is more common to count as many as possible (makes it seem more interesting...) so indeed 6-in-1 rather than 5-in-1.

2old

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Ahhhh, too old4allthis, i've rattled your cage, good to see you still around!!! Are you saying then that the 6 in 1 cams do not do the Seca and Viaccess 2 encryption at all. I think I understand that the second versions of these encryption systems cannot be hacked yet, but could such cam be used to say receive FTA channels under these systems until such time a hack is available?

All I really want to do is get the best selection of channels (films, music videos and ocasionally some naughty stuff!). Is it just better for me to get a receiver with viaccess embedded and get a seca and irdeto cam, or can I purchase a receiver with these already in?

Said I was going to ask lots of silly questions, sorry!

Thanks, Malling.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
We need to distinuish between "6-in-1" when used to describe a CAM, and "6-in-1" when used to describe a card.
It's very unusual to hear a CAM described as 6-in-1. But no matter: most multi-encryption CAMs are said to be capable of working with both version-1 cards and version-2 cards of Irdeto, Viaccess and Mediaguard.

But NONE of the 6-in-1 cards can give access to the version2 transmissions - since none of those systems are hacked yet (at least, there is no wafer hack in the public domain).

To receive FTA transmissions, no CAM or card at all is needed (FTA means Free-To-Air, and that means: unencrypted).

2old

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Thanks for clearing that up too old I was mistaken for thinking that for the FTA channels you still needed to use a CAM but no card.

Would my season interface work with these CAMs (Seca, Viaccess, Irdeto 2) when they are hacked? I am asking this question as it is cheaper to get a 6 in 1 CAM rather than lots of seperate ones and surely it is easier to have 1 CAM to do the job or am I misunderstanding something?

Would anyone have any recomendations as to what receiver, CAM, dish size, etc, i should get? I will be buying the kit new.

Thanks.
Malling.