Seca 1.03 - 1.05

mole4319

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Earlier versions can be upgraded to V1.03 but as far as I know a V1.03 cannot be upgraded to a V1.05.
However, www.hisat.com will exchange your old CAM (any version) for a V1.05 for a cost of 30UKPounds.
The offer is valid worldwide

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
indeed, they can't be upgraded. The hardware (chipset in the CAM) is different.
But don't throw away the 103. It CAN be flashed on a laptop to Cryptoworks...

2old

Dinu

Reaction score
Can't I just keep on using the aston seca 1.03 even though it can do only 9 providers? People will stop releasing hexes for this one? Is it realy dead? If so is there anything worth hacking in cryptoworks? I only now one turkish package and one polish package!

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Yes, keep using it. I'm not sure what you mean by "will people stop producing hexes" for it. If you have a fileset that works now then you simply need to edit in the new keys to the eeprom file yourself. There's no need to be chasing ready-made eeprom files at all. Advantage of doing it yourself is also of cours that you can determine which providers you want.

Nothing on cryptoworks?! Well aside from the inaccessible Sky videoguard package, it's the only place you'll find the Sci-Fi channel. Worth it for that alone if you ask me (but no hack yet in the public domain).

2old

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Hi all,
Can the Aston 1.03 be upgraded to the 1.04?
There is a file at http://hacktv.metropoli2000.com/CAMs.htm but the readme does say "Try at your own risk!"
Is it worth it?

nobbly :+

Dinu

Reaction score
So the only limitation is that I can only use 9 providers instead of 15! :D That certainly makes me feel better. Is there any howto on haow can I choose the providers myself? The question was put wrong ineed! Is there any hack (public domain) that will worth downgrading the cam? It seems no! Thanks a lot for the valuable info 2old!!

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Search this board on keywords like "editor" and "picbined". Also check out the posts in the smartcards forum & the keys forums. Lots of info here on how (in general) to edit keys - tools, etc.

There is no public domain cryptoworks card hack (yet) if that was what you meant.

2old

Dinu

Reaction score
Thank again 2 old.

>There is no public domain cryptoworks card hack (yet) if
>that was what you meant.

Yet means soon? :)

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 21-Sep-01 AT 01:32 PM (GMT)]well these things are already at least partially achieved:
- understanding of communication protocols between card & CAM
- structure of many commands & ATRs
- a logger has been created
- utilities exist to read certain contents from official Polish subscriber cards
There have also already been several fake goldwafer filesets released. My guess is that things are getting close, but that's what we all thought about Conax months ago...

2old

Dinu

Reaction score
That is promising news. Unfortunately Conax is still not open to public domain and the Canal Digital on 1W looks like one hell of a package!! Only place you can get the whole discovery suite! X( But I do not give up hope! :)