Seca 2, did they crack it?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
so how do you manage the miracle of connecting to the internet without a modem????

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Probably like me 2old, the modern miracle of Ethernet. Still described as an ADSL router/modem though, or a gateway by certain companies, certainly foils the dialers though. ;)

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
u see 2old, you probably paying £16 a month for "unlimited" access at something like 45kbps and getting kicked off every 2hrs or 10mins of "no activity"! so much for "unlimited". If you were to pay at minimum £22.50 a month, noone cares how long you were idling for, sometimes it takes me more than 30mins to go through some of the essay on this forum alone (i am a slow learner, see) and btw you could surf the Net at something like 240kbps or more, and no engage tone

)(-)(

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not for 2old unfortunately, there is no ADSL in Cloud Cuckoo Land. :-bash

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
indeed there isn't. Best we have here is ISDN. Most of my neighbours don't even have a computer. They've barely achieved sentience.
The account with my ISP is unlimited (and free) but I do pay for the calls (just ask what my phone bill is like).
But what alternative do I have? I like it here with the other cuckoos.

2isolated

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
2old: adsl is available in most of the UK, unless you live more than 5km from a telephone exchange. I suspect if you live that Gary Bloke (celeb) where the distance between your Gatehouse and your drawing room is almost 5km than you are out of luck with regard to ADSL, but cable modem (not really a modem, but it's called that for convenience sake) from cable tv co is an alternative, NTL has a better package than Telewest, but the choice isnt yours. Failing that, then satellites modem, now for that you'll need a deep pocket, deeper than that of Gary Bloke!!!

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
hhmmm,

The great bloke who fitted my dish yesterday reckons it has.

How we talked and drank tea. Happy times.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A hard boiled egg is one that has no runny yolk

The perfect boiled egg appears to be 3minutes and fifteen seconds of simmering (Size A chicken egg, when brought to the boil from cold)

So a hard boiled one must be anytime after 3.25 minutes

Anyhow I do prefer boiled duck eggs which at present are 3 minutes dead for the perfect soldier dipping variety.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I've had duck eggs, bit strong for my liking and also Goose egg, but you've got to be really hungry and have big soldiers. :)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
What are the best fish fingers on the market ?

I used to love them (going back thirty years or so now, brown bread slightly toasted with ketchup and tartare sauce) , but buying a couple of packets in the last few years and seeing whats inside them has really put me of.

Theyre just not the same so Ive gone to sausage sandwiches with real mustard and cucumber

Any ideas ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not really a fish lover, so the less they taste of fish the better as far as I'm concerned. :)

I can remember that my mum used to make her own fish cakes with a tin of pilchards in tomato sauce and then combine them with mashed potato, add a few breadcrumbs to the outside and you had a mini masterpiece. Mind you, that was in the days when people had to improvise a bit.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Mind you, that was in the days when people had to improvise a bit

That just happens to be the present

Whats wrong with fish ? My latest manager has a thing about small bones and shellfish, clashes terribly at company dinners as I cant sit near him and order kippers !

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Don't like the strong fishy tasing fish, not a lover of bones in any food, particularly if you get a small one by surprise. I do like kippers though and I'd kill for a grilled lobster tail.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Point taken Dragonfly, but probably more in common than you would imagine. sticking a fish finger in your Mediaguard CAM would probably have as much effect as sticking a supposed hacked Seca 2 card in there. ;)

PS. can't even remember how it got onto food.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Does that work? Bugger I've got frozen fish somewhere....Damn CAM's ..I knew I'd crack em.

Open to Air> Now

Captain Birds Eye

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
er, it's just a feeling, but aren't we digressing a bit? :D