Seca 2, did they crack it?

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
The word is out s2 is hacked we hear the buzz even in Dublin.

Wait for the big guys to make their cash and then we will all get a go.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The mere fact that the commercial hackers may have working cards, does not unfortunately guarantee that the hack will filter down to Joe Hobbyist, as mentioned by many others, Conax seems no closer to being available, but Conax pirate cards have been around for a long time.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
What you say about Conax may well be true, but the clamor and simple demand to get S2 up and running on joe hobbyist's box might be an irresistible force.

We will then see what, if any, countermeasures are in place.
At the end of the day NDS will be the real winner, and good R will be waiting for a telephone call.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I admire your optimism Razor, but clamour alone may not be enough, there's been a huge amount of will there to crack Videoguard, but it still seems a long way off and look at how long they've been trying. Perhaps it will get a litttle assist from someone along the way, but I guess that we can probably rule out Rupert on this occasion. :)

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
There are many different brands of fish fingers out there in the market place, and some are tastier than others. Let's see, we have…… S2,,,VI2,,,V/G,,,,CX,,,,PowerV,,,,,ID,,,,,SkyP,,,,to name but a few. Some you might not buy, at any price (just not tasty). And now a question Rolfw, If someone offered you 12months supply of fish fingers what brand would you choose, and what one do you think would be No.1 on everybody's list.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not an easy question Razor, on balance for the English speakers, then uncle Ruperts service has by far the highest offerings (I subscribe in the real world, but not the full package). The Canal+ offerings are good, but limited in their English language content, they do however often provide more recent film showings.

Despite the knocking, everyone would love to have a free Sky card, but whether this is a likely outcome, i don't think so.

On a secondary point, can you imagine what all of the sat forums and newsgroups would be like if a Sky hack appeared? I have nightmares about it, every other post would be I am desperate, I need to get the latest Sky codes. It was bad enough with the ITV digital hack and although many of the posters were converted to the satellite hobby, the vast majority had no interest in contributing to the forum whatsoever, their sole and selfish requirement was free TV, with as little effort on their part as possible.

There were then those who ranged the forums looking for the latest files to make cards, so that they could sell them to their mates in the pub or at work, absolute leeches.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Yes football first, and the H/C stuff second, and at the of the day that's what it’s all about, two choices. In the old Analogue days I had full package and had this, when only the bars had it and I was paying for it and they weren't. One day while at a car boot sale I saw a guy with a card programmer updating people's cards and the wife said to me "I wish we had our card with us like those people in the Que." But I thought that it would be more fun to be the guy with the programmer. After that I was hooked and a very expensive hobby was born.