Seca 2, did they crack it?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Taken from a ZDNet article

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-948179.html

The arrests are the culmination of several months of investigation, which began last October and was initiated by the U.S. Secret
Service following the theft of sensitive files from U.S. government and military sites. The U.S. Army CID (Criminal Investigation
Command), U.S. Navy and the U.S. Secret Service assisted in the investigation.

Besides the theft of government documents, the suspects are accused of running up large bills on credit card numbers stolen from
servers and of using information gained from their attacks to crack an encryption system called SECA2, used by Italy's Tele+ and
Stream satellite broadcasters.

Now it all depends on how you read a key phrase, I read it as they were using hacked information to crack the Seca 2 system, but using the word crack as the process of breaking the code, not as the actual achievement of breaking the code.

What does everyone else think.

Rolf

Bthree

Reaction score
Well Rolf,

The phrase "using information gained from their attacks to crack an encryption system called SECA2" decripts by me to mean they used the information gained from snooping to decipher the Seca2 system but as with all news articles they will be written to suit a purpose, in this case little information.

Billyreh

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I dont think they have cracked it yet, some guy said that he fot it working for a couple of hours then had to reprogram the card again. But I think its is positive news, though, lets keep fingers crossed that they come up with a solution before winter...

Rgds

Billy

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I believe that Seca2 is at least partially cracked by the commercial pirates.

Several sites are now springing up claiming to sell wafer-format seca2 cards for huge prices, covering a single provider - but giving access to ALL ppv. No official subscriber card does that.

I'm going to provide a couple of links here to illustrate this, but this is NOT to be seen as a commercial post on my part. In fact I would advise extreme caution before parting with your money.

http://www.cardzone.org/cards.html (click on "digital cards" link)
http://users.pandora.be/Sat.Sylvester/ (click on "seca2" link)

2old

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The first one...cardzone...is a duff link but substituting .com for .org gets you cardzone which is "under construction".

Jimbo

Billyreh

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Dudes,

S2 is not cracked, people are just bullshitting to make money, if it was cracked then boards such as satdudez, phills, toecutters would have put put hex files.

If it has been cracked then sombody show me a hex file that works, because nobody can, we are quite a while or even never away from haveing s2, it took viaccess 1 year before any files were distrebuted, and dont you think that commercial would jump on the bank waggon 1st and make all the $$$'s then us being at the end of the chain would get it.

The people that say they have s2 cracked are probably using emulators on a pc and running it that way.

When I see it, I will believe...

Thats my opion anyways.............

Billy

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Conax has been hacked for 3 years. The Dream card works. It is a commercial wafer hack, and the hexes have never been extracted or made public.

So the lack of public hexes for seca2 is not necesarily an indication that the hack does not exist.

Commercial pirates run a very low-cost high-margin industry. They can afford to invest bit in securing their cards, and they do. They are as secure (more secure?) than the official MOSCs.

2old
PS: the cardzone link worked yesterday...

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Just had E-mail from Tonydoe saying
"D Day Seca 2 now public...." :D
Sounds like good news. But his site is down at the MO.
If it is true we should see files very soon.

nobbly

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Rumour has it that the Seca2 hack will be available by 11th September, cracked by Spanish hackers.

Jimbo

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Well jimbo I hope that is true, it would be very good news for all of us.
2old, if conax is hacked, why are there no files available??

pixey

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
First of all, a lot/most/all of the rumours on teh D-day hack actually refer to something called ScD. That was announced in a mysterious manner on some Spanish boards a few days ago, and those that read it jumped to the wrong conclusions. In fact, it's just a very secure Chat program. That's it. Nothing whatsoever to do with Seca2.

Secondly - on the Conax thing: there's no "if" about it. A British company operating from a Thai address has been selling Dreamcards for years. I've posted info on this on this board two years ago. The reason it hasn't resulted in a public hack is as I described in my post earlier in this thread - it is simply too secure a card. And clearly the insiders are happy making vast amounts of money from its sale (almost 300 GBP a go) - they have no interest in leaking the hexes. Moreover, the card almost certainly uses chip that is not found in normal goldwafers. So even if you had the hexes, you'd have to get hold of the right chips, the right programming device and software, and make your own card.

2old

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hmmm, just virus checked it, came out OK, but when you open the zip file it has an exe file inside and an html file which says click here to download hack.

Sounds like a dialer to me.

Just checked, the link

stardialer.de/download/

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
2old, the conax thing, that's not playing the game, is it?

pixey

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
These dialers are becoming endemic.

A few upload sites have had to close or take drastic measures as since the rumours stared flying about on seca2, they've been overwhelmed with dialers.

For those that don't know, a dialer is a program which initiates a long-distance call to some exchange in Guatemala (or wherever) on its way to a mature content server. The instigators make money on obscenely expensive call-rates charged. Don't touch them with a barge-pole.

2old

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Will anti-virus software pick up a dialler and does a firewall give any protection against them?

wolsty

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
no, they are not virusses
yes, a sufficently stringently configured firewall will prevent any external contacts, or any deemed undesirable. But I think you'd need to either block everything and enable only specified connections, or else explicitly block the rogue connections (which would be difficult to do if you didn't know about them in advance).
There are also network products available that detect and block any background network activity.

But I'm no network expert (I'm barely a beginner).
Can anyone else out there with specific knowledge help?

2old

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kernow
Thanks, 2Old. I'm not too worried, as I haven't downloaded any files from unknown or unreliable sources and I have a good firewall which is optimally configured, but it's reassuring to know that, should a dialler slip through, there's a good chance of its being intercepted by my software.

wolsty

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Coming back to the D-day hack business...

The actual D-day hack (as opposed to the ScD chat program with which it is sometimes confused) is here:
http://www.tonydoe.com/D_day_emu_Seca2.zip

It uses a so-called V-max card - the spec can clearly be seen in the photo in that download.
But I emphasize - this is believed by almost everyone to be a HOAX.
The pack as linked does not contain an eeprom hex. I believe that some uploads have now been appearing which purport to be the associated eeprom files, but are in fact dialers (of the kind discussed above).

2old