Seca 2 For Old On Digital

aver

Reaction score
Hi Does Any One Know If This Is Going To Be Used On The Old Ondigital Terestrial Channels For (topuptv). If So Will The Keys Become Available

Cheers

Aver

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I gather the Ondig boxes require an OTA software upgrade to work on top-up. Cost will be £10-20 connection and £7.99 per month. A lot of money for 11 half-baked channels. I doubt many ppl will pay but I also can't see that too many sat enthusiasts will be interested in searching out codes for the service.

aver

Reaction score
:) thanks for that m8, but if you here anything can you let me know it would be most appreciated.

:rolleyes: aver.

kepak1

Reaction score
Information around at the moment suggests that they are using Seca 2..? however I have now heard that once the official cards are updated in an old box it will then work on most other digi boxes without a so called upgrade on them..so is it the box upgraded or just the card activated..? who knows

turny

Reaction score
Website
msn.co.uk
My Location
tyne and wear
when i put my tutv card in pioneer box pictures appeared within 15secs
too quick for a box software update
looks like its a activation of card with operational keys
put in my bush idtv working straight away

deshg

Reaction score
if there was no update then that should mean that it's possible to program the old gold cards (assuming we could get the hex codes) in exactly the same way as with on-digi because the encryption method is surely then exactly the same? what do we reckon?

jitc

Reaction score
The OnDig box requires the CAM software to be updated OTA before the Keys can be received and sent to the Card.
To update the software;
channel 17 between 12:00-00:50
channel 33 between 05:00-12:00

After the box has been updated the card should be inserted and the MK01, OPK's 0C, 0D and OE are then updated within 30 minutes.

The card's are Version 7.6 SECA2

The PBM is 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02

If this could be modified I'm sure by adding TV X would justify the £7.99 cost.

If Sly One, SciFi, and LivingTV where added to the package, i would switch of my digibox yesterday and invest that saving in a real sat system or if that is achievable now, using a sat system (with smartlink), please advise.