SECA 2 now available on Dragon CAM

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As per subject, also rumoured to be coming to a Titanium card near you soon. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sky Italia are not going to be too happy.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Apparently the Titanium file is being tested at the moment, but is a bit unstable as of yet.

philengland

Reaction score
thats good! - now all i will need to do is get a titanium card! - where is cheapest?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
They vary in price quite considerably Phil, haven't really shopped around as I tend to be boring ans stick to one supplier. Have you checked out the advertisers at the top of the forum, not sure what their prices are like, but best get one quick, I can see supplies being tight. :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
And then theres going to be some quick boardroom meetings at Top Up TV towers

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

jimbo_may

Reaction score
rolfw, you mean if i get a dragon cam i will be able to get channels that require Seca2??

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Some of them yes, but if you already have either an Aston Seca 1.05 Cam or MR, the Titanium files should follow shortly.

I

ivrm

Channel Hopper said:
And then theres going to be some quick boardroom meetings at Top Up TV towers
Don't get too happy yet

whilst it works yes thats great but

if you have an Echostar3000ip youve again got the famous pixalation problem that appeared with conax on magic cam

I do't think the processor in echostar can cope with this encryption and cam

all other encryptions Ok but again no Via at 5e as with preditor 1.0

however I'm no knocking the dream team they have started the ball rolling lets hope they solve the problem and don't just abandon us as they did with Magic modules

jimbo_may

Reaction score
I have MR but to be honest i cant wait any longer, i miss the days where i could view nice channels, how long will the titanium files will fellow?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I don't think that it will be long.

bradle01

Reaction score
My Location
West Sussex, Europe
I will never cease to be amazed at the jubilation that surrounds people's discovery that an encryption system can be accessed using products that use allegedly illicit software, and their irritation when a broadcaster does something aout it. Is this a game, or something? Do you all honestly believe that broadcasters and encryption companies aren't doing their level best to stop such mischief in its tracks.

Why buy a Dragon CAM (or anything else of that ilk anyway), when the legitimate Seca CAM works fine (with an official card).

Canal Digitaal has already blocked the use of such hardware, the french and poles won't be far behind.

Only a few days ago a customer came in with a failed Ultra Blue card and what looked like a standard Irdeto 2 CAM. But it had been flashed by the retailer and the customer wasn't even told. So the UB card had failed.

I believe that ANY reference to any product of this type on this or any other website visible or any publication distributed in the EU constitutes a breach of the Conditional Access Directive and the Sale and Supply to Consumers Directive.

And the sooner the users of this forum (and the rest of the world too) realises that every time they access a service without paying for it they are stealing ordinary peoples' jobs from them, the better.

IT'S THEFT - YOU CALL IT FUN - I CALL IT THEFT - AND THAT'S A CRIME.

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
Does anyone know if a Titanium will work on a Black Ice Cam, i know it doesnt work for Conax, but maybe being seca ?

jimbo_may

Reaction score
Bradle01, thanks for your point of view, keep paying and we keep hacking, i wont pay money to view, have a nice day.

downsouth

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
maidstone
Making you pay for tv you don't want - now thats theft.
If I could watch Thor (Live footy on SAT AFTERNOON)legally without having to piss around, do you think I would bother to get pirate card. Sorry, but I dont want to pay £40.00 a month to watch Southampton v Charlton, It aint gonna happen. Seca 2. whoops. Top up TV whoopsie dayzee. It is very convenient that just as a competitor to Rupert pops up, then it gets hacked. Just like On Digital. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm very interesting

joaquinain

Reaction score
Rolf, where may we get the Titanium files for Seca2??? I'd like to try them...

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
downsouth said:
It is very convenient that just as a competitor to Rupert pops up, then it gets hacked. Just like On Digital. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm very interesting

Dont forget that Rupert is also using Seca2 in Italy....

howard

Reaction score
could anyone give me a clue what this hack will open? is it a s*y thing or will it open movies, sport, adult etc?

cheers

diarmuid

Reaction score
Bradley is correct. Piracy is a crime. So why do so many of us spread throughout Europe need to resort to unofficial cards and keys?

Because the broadcasters operate either a monopoly type situation or a form of cartel. In the UK I cannot buy a French subscription channel card or Dutch or German. Why not? I thought the EU was a "common market". Yes if its Yoghourt or Telephones but not TV transmissions.

I have applied for an official card from France and the Netherlands and was refused. No explanation was offered. If I was to use an unofficial card who is to blame?

I am a Sky subscribr who likes to watch football. In order to do this I am forced to buy the complete package at the top of the range price. Why? I only want Sports coverage.

When the broadcasting moguls face true competition we won't have to resort to unofficial channels.

BTW, there are no job losses in the UK if I were to buy an unofficial French or Dutch or German card.