seca2 help

steve10

Reaction score
can any of you guys help i have a humax ci5300 with aston 1.05 and kosher dutch canal plus card - no canl plus can be viewd i am told by the dealer thsi is down to new softwear being introduced over the air rendering my humax crap for this sort of encryption. humax blame the card, the upshot is i cant see sweet fa - i have downloaded the humax updates and will enact them tonight if this doens t work i will need to replace the card - is there any truth in the dealers assertion that i need to buy a new decoder with viacess embedded with softwaer issued after jan 2004 ?

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
steve10 said:
can any of you guys help i have a humax ci5300 with aston 1.05 and kosher dutch canal plus card - no canl plus can be viewd i am told by the dealer thsi is down to new softwear being introduced over the air rendering my humax crap for this sort of encryption. humax blame the card, the upshot is i cant see sweet fa - i have downloaded the humax updates and will enact them tonight if this doens t work i will need to replace the card - is there any truth in the dealers assertion that i need to buy a new decoder with viacess embedded with softwaer issued after jan 2004 ?
This sounds a bit wierd, Dutch CanalDigitaal (C+) do not use viaccess at all so buying a viaccess box will not solve your problem. Can you view the Dutch public channels Ned1, Ned2 & Ned3 or is it just Canal+ that isn't working?

steve10

Reaction score
cjgall said:
This sounds a bit wierd, Dutch CanalDigitaal (C+) do not use viaccess at all so buying a viaccess box will not solve your problem. Can you view the Dutch public channels Ned1, Ned2 & Ned3 or is it just Canal+ that isn't working?
can see ned 123 and rtl 4/5 but not canaplus

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
My Location
It sounds like there is a problem with your Canal+ subscription if you can view ned 123 and rtl4/5. It may be that for some reason your card has reverted to a "set top box-pakket" card. If you can only get these channels, then this is what has happened in which case you should contact CanalDigitaal and ask them to send a signal to update your card.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Cant see how you could be getting RTL 4/5 unless the card is a Seca 2 version and is running OK with the 105 Astoncrypt.

The Humax would have been useful for the MTV channels within the came package that are transmitting in Viaccess (TPSCrypt I think)

Canal Yellow and Blue may require an upgrade of receiver to Irdeto compatibility , card or possibly an Irdeto CAM as I have heard of some troubles with the Seca2 response from the Astoncrypt on these channels.

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
My Location
I am using an Aston 1.05 CAM with CanalDigitaal smart card and there are no problems. I have a 3 month trail subscription to Canaal+ Blauw, Rood and 16:9, all of which work perfectly. This combination of CAM & card work on my Topfield and my Lemon receiver eaqually well. My conclusion is that there are no problems with the Aston 1.05 and the CanalDigitaal seca2 card. It must be the Humax, did the software upgrade solve the problem? If not try to find somebody with a different receiver and see if the CAM/card work in that.

P

palco1603

My canal digitaal card and seca v1.05 cam work fine in a topfield 4000. Looks like a subs prob if you can view the fta dutch channels.

bradle01

Reaction score
My Location
West Sussex, Europe
Hi

As the official distributor of Aston products in the UK, may I add some info on Canal Digitaal.

The company changed its encryption on November 14 2003 to Mediaguard v.7.04. They now specifically state that the following receivers work fine with the service, but will not guarantee anything else:
  • The six Mediahighway receivers (various brands) supplied in Holland.
  • Echostar - the four CI models with software dated 14 January 2004 or later.
  • Nokia - all currently manufactured European mainland (but not Scandinavian specific) models with current software - i.e. is the Nokia software upgrade download on Thor or Sirius? If yes, then the receiver is excluded.
  • All current Aston Mediaguard models with current software (i.e. everything except the Simba 201SV).
They specifically exclude:
  • All Humax
  • Anything without official standard SECA
  • Anything UCAS - CAM, box, pic cards, unlicensed and reverse engineered software and hardware.
The forum www.satinf.com (in Dutch) states that the top two Topfields are OK with current software.

Poland and France due to follow suit shortly.

Spain and Italy no announcement yet.

Hope that helps.