seca2 not clearing with s2_emu

FRAZER

Reaction score
I can't get any Seca2 channels to clear with any DVB software with any s2_emu files; I have downloaded 4 or 5 different versions, and they do all work with the other encryption types (I know many seca2 channels are disappearing at the moment, but I have tried all those that are meant to be clearing still).

There is always a message in the info box for s2_emu saying that the "s2_emu_hash_0065.bin" file is missing, but I have downloaded 3 different copies of this too, and placed it (and all the other extra files) both in the plugins folders, and in the root directories, but with no luck.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Frazer

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
FRAZER said:
I can't get any S*ca2 channels to clear with any DVB software with any s2_emu files; I have downloaded 4 or 5 different versions, and they do all work with the other encryption types (I know many S*ca2 channels are disappearing at the moment, but I have tried all those that are meant to be clearing still).

There is always a message in the info box for s2_emu saying that the "s2_emu_hash_0065.bin" file is missing, but I have downloaded 3 different copies of this too, and placed it (and all the other extra files) both in the plugins folders, and in the root directories, but with no luck.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Frazer

I have just checked S2emu info in progDVB while watching a Seca2 encrypted channel and got NO faults at all.
goto www.sa-computer-systems.com and get their version of S2emu & softcam, thats what I'm using in progDVB 4.48.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I found that the SA version won't do S2 for me (with the latest keys), nor will it do P*lsat, and after trying N@gra AU, it gets really flaky and bites the dust.

Just my experience.

@ Frazer, you could read my other thread on this, but the bottom line is that I'm having to run S2emu for TP$ (and there are other versions that also do P*lsat and C@BO) and C@PI 0.86 (that's what it says, but you can't trust any version numbers any more) for S2. I'd also recommend only running one at a time, which means swapping them in and out of MDPlugins. A bummer, but it works.

The whole PCI card scene is really being neglected at the moment IMHO. Perhaps some of the fledgling emus will clean up their acts and give us something stable in the next few weeks.

FRAZER

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I tried replacing all my s2emu files with those from sa-computer-systems.com, but had exactly the same hash file missing message. It all seems a bit odd to me; I don't know what it could be in my system which is causing this error to remain regardless of which files I use or which software I put them in.

Not having much luck with Capi either, though I haven't found a copy of the 0.86 version yet. I have tried a few others though, with the latest key file, and have again managed to clear other encryptions, but not Seca2. Strange.

Thanks again,

Frazer

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
Frazer.
are you getting channels that use "s2_emu_hash_0070.bin" (S*Y I*ALIA) or is it localised to 0065 only. I am getting no errors on my system at all, although I cannot see them all

FRAZER

Reaction score
Satslut said:
Frazer.
are you getting channels that use "s2_emu_hash_0070.bin" (S*Y I*ALIA) or is it localised to 0065 only. I am getting no errors on my system at all, although I cannot see them all

Thanks for alerting me to the difference, though actually I am still getting that error message on S*Y; but another one appears as well- this time saying "incorrect signature", whatever that may mean.

Still, after more experimentation, and mixing around some of the files I have downloaded, I finally got Capi to work for me on S*ca; so I think, one way or another, I am getting everything I should. Strange how some things work for one person but not another- but I guess that's all part of the fun, maybe!

Thank you,

Frazer

jsm3000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Optus b3 and AsiaSat3S
My Location
Australia
I got the same message as you Seca2.cfg missing i down loaded Seca2 and put it in plugins dir. The next massage i get is C:program VB\s2_hash_006A.bin missing.

I am at a loss . Need help too

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Have a look at the date stamps on the earlier posts ;)