Second digibox install ? Newbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
incomplete?
My Location
Ashford, Kent
Hi people, im Jon:D .

I was really hopeing that one of you techi lads could point me in the right direction after failing to install a second digibox:-doh!

I have "sort of" set it up in my bedroom. We have sky in one room in the house so have tried adding the second digibox for the freeview channels for now.
I have been told that you can run two boxes from 1 dish, so T'd into my dish cable? I now have the sky tv guide on both tele's, but now i select some channels on the origional box to read "no satellite signal". And the same with the new digibox?:-bash

It would be great if someone could help me complete my install corectly

cheers, Jon:-beer

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Jon and welcome to our forum. :)

What you need to do is get a quad LNB like This one mount it on your dish and run a second cable to your second receiver. By splitting the cable, you are causing conflicts between band and polarity, the single lnb has four possible states of reception, Horizontal, Vertical, Horizontal High band and Vertical High band and either receiver could be on any one of them, the quad LNB, effectively provides an LNB per receiver.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Or just watch the same channels on both boxes at the same time :confused