Second tv connected. Coaxial connection problem

BobbyZa

Reaction score
Hi. I have a Panasinc DMR-E95H and an Amstrad DRX400 digibox. Things have worked well (sort of) until I bought an extra Sky remote with a "remote eye" so I could watch Sky in the kitchen as well.

I connected things up and all went well. I can now watch Sky in the kitchen. So far so good.

Now the problem. The signal uses the coaxial connection so hook up the coaxial from digibox to tv, which is a step back from the scart connection I used before. The scart connection to the E95 no longer works which means I can no longer record programs.

My theory is that when the coaxial (RF outlet power supply) is enabled the scart out on the digibox is disabled.

Can anyone confirm this theory or what am I doing wrong?

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
BobbyZa said:
...My theory is that when the coaxial (RF outlet power supply) is enabled the scart out on the digibox is disabled...

That shouldn't be the case. Both Scart sockets and the 9V on RF2 should work at the same time.

You should be able to have your Scart setup the same as you did before, just as long as the run from the RF2 of the digibox to the TV in the kitchen doesn't go through any other devices (as this would stop the 9V supply) you should be ok.

If you haven't done so already, go back to basics and check everything is plugged in securely. :)

mesaka

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just to confirm that the scart and RF2 work at the same time. I use the RF2 to control my TiVo while using the scart as well.

BobbyZa

Reaction score
Thanks Polo for your comments. Have rechecked all connections.

Here's what happened: Ran the coaxial to the kitchen and set up the remote eye. Saw the signal came through - hurray. But the remote didn't work. Went upstairs and enabled the RF power supply. Into the kitchen and the remote worked - hurray.
Turned on the telly upstairs. Black screen. Okay - connect the coaxial RF1 (digibox) to the tv and then I have signal again but now not a scart signal.

Later that same evening a recorded program on the E95 is all but a black screen.

Could it have anything to do with the fact that I use a connectorbox for the scart cables? I use the connectorbox so I can transfer old VHS tape content to DVD and also use another DVD player for viewing? The scart signal from the digibox goes to the E95 and from there it goes to the connectorbox (in). Another scart cable connects the connectorbox to the tv.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Try temporarily taking the scart connector box and E95 out, so have the digibox connected straight to the TV. If that works then you know it's a problem with the connectorbox or E95, so add them one at a time and see when things go wrong.

The way you have it now uses a lot of scart leads and connections, each one will give a slight quality loss (and possibly loose the RGB signal). How often do you do VHS to DVD? If its not often it might be better to have the digibox go to the E95 and then straight on to the TV, and only use the scart box when you need to do VHS to DVD.

Another way would be to connect the digibox directly to the TV and the E95 to the second scart on the digibox, but I believe that you won't get a RGB signal on the E95 from the digibox then, but I'm not sure, perhaps someone will confirm this. :)