second TV connection

F

Franny Lee

I have a Grundig digi box and its connected to a second TV in the next room all the terrestrial channels work (tv has no aerial) but the sky channel I view is always snowy, I used to have an ITV digi box instead with the same setup yet the picture he second tv recieved was good.

Ive tried everything do I need a signal amp?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-Jun-02 AT 06:06 PM (GMT)]Go into the installers menu Services/System Setup/0,1,Select/RF Outlets. once in there look at what chennel your RF out is set to, the default is 68, try a lower channel and retune the TV to it. This is a bit trial and error, but if you know what channels your local transmitter uses for the other terrestrial channels, you can shorten the process.

You say that there is no aerial connected, but you can get the terrestrial channels, I don't quite understand that bit, I presume that the aerial is looping through the digibox????

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I know it sounds obvious but it is a good idea to check you have the output of the skybox correctly connected (there are two outputs, one of which is disabled as supplied)

If you are combining the signal from the box into a multi combiner this will have th eeffect of no satellite signal

F

Franny Lee

I`ve tried everything mate,different Tv`s,different cables, But I brought my dads reciever into the same setup and it sent a quality picture to my tv. So I`m starting to think I have a dodgy out put socket. What do you think.

Fran

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-Jun-02 AT 10:50 PM (GMT)]@ Fran, Easy way to test the connection, on the first TV, eliminate the Aerial from the wall so that there is no aerial input in the system at all, have no coax going into the digibox only output. You will almost certainly find that the digibox is sat on another channel's frequency. As a matter of interest, which output are you using from the digibox and does the output work on the main TV with nothing else connected?

@ Channel Hopper, the only thing that is disabled on the digibox second outlet as default is the 9 volt supply for the magic eye, the RF is there all the time.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Live and learn, though Im sure there was a complete blank output from the second port of a Pace unit I fitted six months ago until I enabled it in the installers menu