Selective No satellite Signal

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
At 10 am UK time(approx) today I lost BBC1 & 2 ITV CH4 and CH5. All gave No Sat Sig being received. Within 10 mins. everything was functioning normally again. This has happened for the last 4 days. I have checked with my neighbours nd they have experianced the same. I am in a fringe area(Costa del Sol). Sky news does not disappear. Changing channels can cause digibox to hang leaving a power off reset to fix. Anyone know anything about this?

Corrigapp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.8 dish, Foxsat-HDR, Inverto LNB
My Location
South Sweden
devonbrown said:
At 10 am UK time(approx) today I lost BBC1 & 2 ITV CH4 and CH5. All gave No Sat Sig being received. Within 10 mins. everything was functioning normally again. This has happened for the last 4 days. I have checked with my neighbours nd they have experianced the same. I am in a fringe area(Costa del Sol). Sky news does not disappear. Changing channels can cause digibox to hang leaving a power off reset to fix. Anyone know anything about this?

Transit of the sun dírectly behind the satellite for a few minutes each day knocking out transmissions with high levels of electromagnetic energy, it'll be over in a few days' time. It's more noticeable on 2d's transmisions (BBC, ITV, C4) due to the lower power levels from that bird.

Corrigap

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
The Sun,what's that,from my kitchen window the mountains in Mijas are covered in snow,and in the distance Marbella and Rhonda mountains have more snow than ever seen before,it's bloody freezing,but at least there's no foreigners here!

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
Thanks Corrigap, with that info I shall be able to impress my neighbours. DD you should be here in sunny Estepona