Selfsat :Quick question

chib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Super FTA 1000D, 85cm Digiquest dish,Skystar 2 card,Moteck SG2100A motor, Netgem i-player,Hauppauge WinToGo TV card
My Location
London,England
I 've just come across Selfsat dishes and they look quite interesting.

Could someone please advise on the range of satellites I can pick up with one of this selfsat flat dishes ? I 'm close to west London.

About 6 years ago I had/still have an 80cm motorized setup with a TM9100 (I'm sure that it isn't in production anymore) in Wembley and I could pick up satellites from 30W(DAD feeds/Spanish channels) to 42E(?)(I could get Turkish/Greek channels). I had to move abroad(France) for work and had to put everything away.

I 'm quite keen on setting up something again but I want something less cumbersome and fiddly,hence my interest in these selfsat dishes. I'm quite keen on getting French(I have a TNT Card) and Portuguese channels.

Will the TNT card work with my old TM9100 ?

cheers

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I think these flat dishes are equivalent to a zone 1 Sky mini-dish. You should be able to get all the stronger satellites with it. Certainly 28e, 19e, 13e, 5w and 30w. You should be able to get some channels from 42e as well. I wouldn't bother motorising it though as it's not designed for that and not sure if it would even work (don't see why not though).

Not sure about TNT on the TM9100 box though.

Steve Stras

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
W2 astra
My Location
Strasbourg
I've used Selfsat dishes and in the instructions it states they give the similar perfomance to a 65cm dish, though I've found them to be slightly less performant. Also, they are more difficult to manipulate than a traditional dish. In France I've used a selfsat to pick up hotbird 13, Eutelsat 16, Astra 19, Astra 28. Eutelsat 16 was a bit tricky to pick up but the others took less then 5 mins to align with only a beeper meter and a quick look on dish pointer. I once tried to pick up Eutelsat 7 without any joy.