Sending sky digital to another room

agentchem

Reaction score
I currently have sky digital in a flat that has a shared dish. In my living room I have a system that is supposed to allow me to feed signals to the bedroom but i can't seem to get it to work. Basically, I have one wall plate with the main terrestrial aerial socket and a satellite socket. the aerial socket has a metal T-Split. One cable runs from this to the digibox. the other plugs directly into another wall plate with a single aerial socket that is supposed to feed the signal to the bedroom. This is based on the instructions given to me by the installers. However, the tv in my bedroom doesnt seem to receive sky. Have done everything right or are the instructions left by the installers wrong? I was wondering if i need to link a cable from the RF 2 output of the digibox directly into the single socket feeding signals to the bedroom? If so, is the RF 2 cabel just a standard tv aerial cable? Thanks for any help you can give me.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
There should be a cable that runs from one of the digibox RF outs to the single wall plate. From your post it wasn’t clear if the aerial cable to the digibox was to the aerial in or aerial out socket. To test it you could try connecting the RF2 out on the digibox directly to the single wall plate and leave all other RF connections out, that way it should also rule out any interference from another device (VCR etc) yes, it is just a standard TV aerial cable.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: just in case that caused more confusion that help, here is a setup that should hopefully work.

Satellite and TV wallplate > coax to digibox aerial in. (as well as satellite connection to digibox) Digibox RF 2 out > single wall plate. Digibox RF 1 out > main TV (if required).

If you have a VCR and want to be able to watch it in the bedroom aswell as satellite then this should work. Dual Wallplate coax > VCR in. VCR out > digibox aerial in. Digibox RF 2 out > single wallplate. However this could have the (unlikely) problem of the VCR out channel and digibox out channel being the same, in which case you could change the digibox out channel, but it is probably worth trying it to see first.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, as you and PoloMint suggest, the splitter is only for use if you do not have a Digibox, so take it out of line, run the lead straight into the input of the digibox (or video first) and then run the other cable from the back of the digibox to the other socket. You may require a female to female barrel connector to make the connection from RF2 to the wall socket.