Sending two different satellite dishes to 4 different rooms.

Adam Penny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax FoxSat HDR. Multiple sky boxes. Octo LNB.
My Location
Gironde, France
Hi there,

An Englishman I know and his German wife have been doing some renovation and installed a load of satellite cables to a box. I think that there's one cable from one dish and one cable from the other dish going in and then four cables heading off to different rooms. The aim of the game is to get signals from both dishes going via the single cables to the receivers in the four rooms. My immediate feeling was that this isn't possible as it stands and to put in a diseqc switch to get TV to one of the rooms, but I'd be interested to know if the technology exists to do this.

I'm aware that normally splitters for a single dish need two outputs from an LNB to get both odd and even signals so that the switch can provide both to each receiver looking for a given signal. Is this correct. Based on that I presume there'd need to be two cables from each dish running to the junction box? Beyond that, I'm a bit flummoxed and would appreciate any thoughts.

All the best.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
The way I'd do it is buy two quad LNBs and put them on the dishes. These LNBs have four independent outputs. Then you need four 2-way DiSEqC switches which combine the signals from both LNBs into one cable per room/receiver. This is going to require four wires going into the house, the DiSEqC switches with the 8 cables going into them could be installed somewhere by the dishes as long as everything is watertight.

A nonymous

Reaction score
You could use two quattro lnbs and a multiswitch like a Vision V9-908, but for cost effectiveness i would go with what Timo is saying.

Nano