Server problems and access difficulties

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
We have reached the point where we are exceeding our bandwidth allocation and we have had to make arrangements to upgrade to a bigger server.

In the meanwhile we are having to limit server connections and this may make access difficult for some members over the next few days.

Once we have migrated to the new server, the problems should cease, but as some members are having difficulty connecting, we have postponed the raffle draw until we can guarantee connections.

We would send an E-mail to notify everyone, but unfortunately this would take up too much bandwidth. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is apparent that the new bigger server package is still not big enough, so Chris is instigating a move to a yet larger package with a different host.

This should all take place over the weekend and some downtime is to be expected, for which we apologise.

In the meantime, we are having to restrict the number of members on line at any given time, so members may experience some difficulty in accessing the forum.

Even more important now that we have the support of the members, please help out if you can and buy a ticket for the forum support raffle, only £2.50 for some great prize.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi Rolf,
Rob here, so that's why it has taken so long to get on the forum, no problem.
But has it anything to do with me having to sign in each time I visit ? (User name & password) :confused
Thanks.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Answered this on the old forum Rob, but incase you missed it, the forum congestion problems should now be sorted, but for the login problems, see Chris's post in the announcements forum, he explains how to get things back to normal.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Sorry missed it first time around, but it was before I joined the forum so you can forgive that one.
Did as you said went to Chris's post and deleted the relevant cookies, but I'm afraid it made no difference.
If I use Opera there is no problem, but the forum does not remember me if I use Internet Explorer.
This has only been happening for about a week, and I wondered as I use Ad-ware 6
(the cookie killer) if this might be the culprit. :(

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
May be Rob, never had a problem with IE6 or Opera, I have AdAware but don't use it on startup.

Strangely enough I think that the forum looks better on Opera :)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Had problem as forum never remembered me, had to sign in each time.

Asked this question last April and have just found the answer.
For Internet Explorer, go to Tools, select Internet Options, and in the window that pops up, click Privacy tab.
Click on the Edit button in the lower part of the window, type in full address and click on the Allow button.
Then click on the O.K button. :)

Don't computer's make you look a complete plonker sometimes.
I finally thought I had fixed this problem, then when I tried to enter the forum again it will not let me in without signing in, o well back to Opera. )(-red

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
On mine all I had to enter was satellites.co.uk as an allowed address and it worked. Have you tried the mozilla Firefox browser Rob?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
That's what I did, entered full address in IE and the first time I got in alright, next time nothing.

Still I use Opera most of the time Rolf, so no problem.
Thanks Rob :)