Service Scan Problem

btd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800 HD PVR

Motorized Dish
My Location
East London
Hi, can anybody assist please. I have a Dreambox 800 HD PVR and a motorised dish.

I have managed to access the Eutelsat W2 (16.0E) and the Astra 19E) sats. Are these the most popular sats for a complete beginner?

I have attempted to access the Thor satellite but it seems to lock up the system at 55% always around the French channels.Is there a fix for this anomaly.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum Bob.

You'll get the most out of a motorised system with full access across the arc, typically 42e to 30w. The two satellites mentioned are a good starting point. Regarding accessing Thor 0.8W, possibly a set up issue. More info required, are you using DISEqC 1.2 or usals?

btd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800 HD PVR

Motorized Dish
My Location
East London
Thanks for the reply. I am spending more time on this machine than I care to mention.
All we want to do was watch BBC and ITV and possibly a few film channels.

My son set this up before he left for Romania. IT was all working perfectly until I returned from the USA. The dish worked itself loose in the wind and I had an installer refix. He repositioned and thats where the problems seemed to begin .

On the set up side I have the following

Config Mode Advanced
Sat 01=19.2EASTRA
LNB LNB1
Priority Auto
LOF Universal LNB
Voltage mode Polarization
Inc Voltage no
Tone Mode Band
DiscEqC 1.2
Toneburst None
Commited DiSEqc command None
Fast DiSEqC no
Seq Rep no
Com Order committed Toneburst
Un com DiSEqC command None
DisCEqC repeats None

Long 000.023 East
Lat 051.575 North
Useusals for this sat yes

Press ok & return till I get to Automatic scan. Asks Clear b4 scan Yes
Scan Tuner A (DVB-S2) Press OK

Displays 04=10.0E EUTELSATW2A DVB-S QPSK 10960H/666/7/8 Scan in progress-0%done! 0services found.

And thats it.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well you are scanning the wrong Astra, you need Astra 2, freesat is on 28.2/5 East not 19.2 East, secondly when you got the guy back to re-align the dish did you specify the correct satellite?

btd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800 HD PVR

Motorized Dish
My Location
East London
As you may have gathered I am not a techno person. In answer to your question.

When the man came back to realign the dish he told me It is aligned to 1 deg West. He could have told me it was now aligned to the Labour party or the BNP and it would have meant the same.

I have since been playing with the dream box and have managed to get ITV and BBC channels. That will have to do.

I suppose its the time of year and maybe the weather, trying to get anybody out is nigh on impossible.

Thanks for the responses.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
btd said:
As you may have gathered I am not a techno person.

No problem with that we have all had to learn at one time or another

btd said:
In answer to your question, When the man came back to realign the dish he told me It is aligned to 1 deg West.
I suspect he was meaning he had used 1 West as your due south satellite, this is normal practice when setting up a motorised system

btd said:
He could have told me it was now aligned to the Labour party or the BNP and it would have meant the same.

Yes I agree, they should all be tarred and feathered, but we are not allowed to discuss politics

btd said:
I have since been playing with the dream box and have managed to get ITV and BBC channels. That will have to do.

Well good for you that is a result then

rio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500 and now DM800
My Location
manchester
CAN ANYBODY HELP???

i have a dm800 clone box with Apls BSBE2 (DVB-S2), running on GEMINI 4.4 bootloader 75#. i get all s*y channels including movies and sport and BBC HD and Luxe HD also Rush HD. but no s*y hd channels or any other
can anybody help i even got another ALPS BSBE-2 tuner and still the same problem should i change the image or is there any settings i just don't know it is like i have now 2 dm500 boxes please i need help IF ANY BODY HAS A STEP BY STEP I WOULD APPRISIATE sorry for spelling