Services and Bouquets Editing

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I want to find out if there is anyone using an editor other than Dreamboxedit, and what they are like?

Please post your impressions on the various tools. Thanks!

mbranco

Order of "Knight of the Idiot Guide"
Reaction score
I tried a couple of others a lot of time ago (I don't remember the names), but Dreamboxedit was so far the best, so I didn't look for others....

I think that one of the most useful functions of DBE is the capability to compare 2 settings, giving the possibility to update one (usually the oldest one) with the news contained in the other one (for me the automatic scan I can obtain from the db), erasing the dead channels and inserting the new borns.

Also, the accurate drag&drop, copy&paste functions (this works also opening two DreamboxEdit, and working between the two different windows).

:)

albaniasat

Reaction score
Another program is Dream bouquett. But as said above DreamboxEdit is the best.

Or by hand. ;)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
OK, I see.

Also , as we are on the subject: I got problems with my settings, when I choose Satellites I get a very long list of (Removed Services). Why is this??? Everything seems to work ok, but for some reason...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I got that when I deleted a satellite position, it left the channels but came up with that message I seem to remember.

mbranco

Order of "Knight of the Idiot Guide"
Reaction score
T_G said:
OK, I see.

Also , as we are on the subject: I got problems with my settings, when I choose Satellites I get a very long list of (Removed Services). Why is this??? Everything seems to work ok, but for some reason...

If I've well understood, the first component is satellites.xml (updated i.e. with autosat plugin): here there're the declared transponders for each of your satellites.
I suppose that if in your settings there're references to unmatched transponders you get that message, that it's different from "service not found" (that can occurs for example if the provider stops to broadcast contents on that specific channel).
I think that all the settings available for download should have the corresponding autosat.xml together.
Bye!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, it sure has to do with all these. I went back and reloaded an old Backup list, and there it wasn't there...I am also getting more and more convinced that the Motor moving problems are at times because of that as well...I can't put my fingers on it, but...