Setanta Sports Ireland in the UK?

blackninja

Reaction score
Hi. I noticed on the footy listings that the mighty Liverpool are playing Birmingham on Setanta Sports Ireland. I found the frequency for this channel and did a search for it on my Sky Digibox. It came up but when I tried to view it it said 'Programme not available'. Is this because it's a PPV channel? How would I go about getting it? I can get Multivision on 13 East but I would prefer the match in English (or Irish - either's fine).

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Believe it or not, you pay for it!

blackninja

Reaction score
So having found it, bearing in mind I have a UK Sky Digibox and card would I get the usual 'Press Select to View' followed by my pincode, and having paid my £5 or whatever would I be able to receive it in the UK? (I know it's not poss to get RTE)

Joe_bloggs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HumaxF1C1, Trisat dish, Astra 19.2, Eutelsat 16, Hotbird.
My Location
United Kingdom
Sorry friend you still wont be able to watch Liverpool game on Sentanta UK as it's only on Sentanta Ireland.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
blackninja said:
Hi. I noticed on the footy listings that the mighty Liverpool are playing Birmingham on Setanta Sports Ireland. I found the frequency for this channel and did a search for it on my Sky Digibox. It came up but when I tried to view it it said 'Programme not available'. Is this because it's a PPV channel? How would I go about getting it? I can get Multivision on 13 East but I would prefer the match in English (or Irish - either's fine).

Hi Black ninja, Believe you do not want this channel, The quality is very poor. Only watched it for a short while and switched it off. Rather watch it in foreign language because the reception quality is excellent, on my dreambox anyway. Setanta is only available as part of the subscription package on NTL we dont get it on sky as you probally have to pay for it on top of the premium package. Hope this helps you out.