Setanta Sports News Channel

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
Setanta Sports News Channel

Irish company Setanta Sports today announced the forthcoming launch of an exciting new channel – Setanta Sports News. The channel, which will launch soon, will offer sports fans a dedicated, around-the-clock "feast" of the best news and views from across the sporting world.

The channel will initially be available in the UK on the Virgin Platform, but it is Setanta's intention to have it available via satellite and broadband for Irish viewers.

The channel will provide rolling news coverage from across the full breadth of sport. Setanta Sports News will adopt an independent editorial stance, reporting with speed, authenticity and insight. In providing coverage, it will draw upon Setanta’s wide portfolio of sports rights, including the Barclays Premier League, the Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League, the US PGA Tour, British boxing and lots more. However, the channel will also cover many other sport events from Britain, Ireland and around the world.

Setanta Sports News is a joint venture with Virgin Media and will initially be made available to over three million cable customers as part of their basic TV package. However it is Setanta’s intention that the channel will be available via satellite and via broadband.

The channel’s reporters will cover the whole of the UK, and will present breaking sports stories in a refreshing, accessible and appealing way. Setanta Sports News will also welcome contributions from the fans themselves – inviting those with strong views to share them with the nation.

Michael O’Rourke, co-chief executive of Setanta Sports, said: “Setanta Sports News will engage directly with fans on their level and bring them stories and issues that really matter to them. It will be a powerful new voice in sports news. With a full spe*ctrum of live location reports, interviews, studio-based experts and discussion, this is a channel with genuine appeal to real sport fans.”

Regards Satdude.

Yorks

Mentally unstable.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pretend to know what I'm doing. Only the clever ones rumble me.
My Location
S. Yorks
Hope they have a Jeff Stelling equivalent lined up. :)