Setpal 7 day epg - at long last!

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Yesterday afternoon, switched on my Setpal (Daewoo) Freeview receiver, and big surprise, there was the long awaited 7 day epg!

At present it's on a 30 day free trial, after which Setpal owners will have to pay a (reasonable!) one-off £5 fee to continue getting it.

It's the 4-tel epg, not the "standard" Freeview one, so loads at 3.45 am each day, and you have to leave the Setpal in standby (consuming 7 Watts!) overnight. Then, if you depower, the guide info vanishes until the next download.

It's "reasonably good". You get a single page per channel, and can quickly scroll down it, or go to next/previous day, or select by channel number. That said, I still prefer the Sky epg format, which shows up to 10 different channels in tabular form, it's easier to "scan through" that. But, for anyone with just a Setpal, this new epg would be a big plus.

(added note, using this assumes your Setpal "got" the epg software, about 10 months ago. Any that were just left plugged in would have updated automatically. Otherwise, presumably, there will be a software update re-broadcast soon).

(Also note, it seems that not every DTT transmitter is yet sending this, so it will have to be "rolled out", don't know how quickly!).

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
opps, sorry, my mistake, it's actually the

**** 14 DAY EPG ******.

(which the 4tel one always was!).

So, quite useful for setting the PVR/video, especailly if you're going on holiday.

(I'm surprised nobody pointed out my mistake, has everyone else thrown away their Setpals? If so, a pity, because this new epg makes it the best Freeview receiver there is!).