setting for hotbird (no signal quality received)

My Satellite Setup
to be done later
My Location
Birmingham
Hello,

I'm trying to get channels on Hotbird sat. I pointed dish to the Satellite with Network ID 013e. I received a signal stength of 67% and there was no signal quality (signal quality = 0%)​

I tried repositioning the the dish many times but I always get signal quality = 0% even for other satellites.​

I use technomate TM4100D digital satellite receiver, 80 Cm satellite dish and Blue Line single universal digital LNB.​

Could any one let me know did I do any thing wrong? Any suggestion​

dvmedia

My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Maybe the completely obvious, but was it definetly aligned properly?

Dennis on Sea

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+ Super and Sky Digital
My Location
Norfolk, UK
Signal strength is a measure of the connection between the receiver and lnb, the important one is signal quality.

I get 13e with the silly little Lidl/Comag Porty dish but it took me a while to get the hang of it.

I learned by first pointing at Astra (Sky) 28.2 in the same direction as my Sky dish (or a neighbour if you don't have Sky) and tuning that in then I ventured to 19 and 13e which are quite powerful.

Just keep at it, I can go between 19e and 13e in seconds now. ;)

Hmm a bigger dish and motorisation would be nice. :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You also have to make sure that the default transponder for the satellite is a digital one and still available, check it HERE

My Satellite Setup
to be done later
My Location
Birmingham
Thanks everyone, yes I checked the transponder setting and even when I try to get Astra(sky) I get no luck the signal strength is always 0 no matter what direction or a satellite I chose, I think it is something more than positioning the dish correctly but not sure what

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Do you have the LNB set as a universal in the receiver setup, have you checked the connections on both ends of the cable?