setting up fixed dish.

tomhagg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE
My Location
SCOTLAND
Hi me and my friend are trying to setup a fixed dish for hotbird and astra1 and have had some success but the signal strength is only 94%and the quality 76% my friend is using a 90cm dish and that is with us using a digisat meter:-worshipany advice welcome thankyou.

ps/ he is using duel lnb.

jools25

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
yet to be set up looking for info
My Location
uk sussex
Hi I Cant Help Because I Have Not Got As Far As You? Can I Ask A Question. Could You Have Got The Strength Checked Before Installation? Is The Strength Going To Stay The Same Always? Are You Hoping There Is Some Kind Of Booster?
Jools

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
tomhagg said:
Hi me and my friend are trying to setup a fixed dish for hotbird and astra1 and have had some success but the signal strength is only 94%and the quality 76% my friend is using a 90cm dish and that is with us using a digisat meter:-worshipany advice welcome thankyou.

ps/ he is using duel lnb.

You lucky b****er i wish i had those signal receptions,

deep joy

Dave:):)

tomhagg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE
My Location
SCOTLAND
Hello,as far as im aware you cannot check anything until you have installed system im hoping to increase signal strength and signal qaulity.(dont know if there is such a thing as a booster.)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
tomhagg said:
(dont know if there is such a thing as a booster.)

There is, but you can't boost what isn't there... :)
(but they're usually used in long cable runs rather than because of insufficient dish size)