Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
I've got a 90 cm dish with a DiSEqC 1.2 motorized H-H mount.

The elevation level has been checked and is correct. My problem is I get a good signal on 19', 13', 7'. 5'east and 1'west. I can't pick up 16' east for some reason or the remaining west satellites.

I have been able to get 30' west previously but couldn't get the east satellites. Which bit needs adjusting please.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can you also get 28.2 East Sab?

Can't really explain why you can't get anything on 16 East, are you sure that you have set a transponder with something on it?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
What settings in the setup menu on your STB have you selected? if its DISEqC that could be your problem.....I found that selecting motor is the best way as you are able to pulse the motor to receive the best signal then save it's position! OR maybe when you initially tightened the nut's of the motor mount if you did'nt tighten them evenly (crossways) the bracket can distort, this then can affect the arc of the dish from east to west.

bigblue

Reaction score
My Location
Edinburgh / Scotland
Yes, I do have the same problem...

I have a 1m motorised system, and from Scotland I can only get 1W, 5E, 13E, 19E, 28.2 E... but not the 16E which are right in the middle of the excursion range... its worth mentioning that 5E comes with just about 40% quality and about 50 / 60% signal strength... not sure if the dish need fine adjustment...

Cheers,

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
bigblue said:
Yes, I do have the same problem...

I have a 1m motorised system, and from Scotland I can only get 1W, 5E, 13E, 19E, 28.2 E... but not the 16E which are right in the middle of the excursion range... its worth mentioning that 5E comes with just about 40% quality and about 50 / 60% signal strength... not sure if the dish need fine adjustment...

Cheers,

If you are receiving 13'E & 19'E.. then it is most likely to be the set-up in your STB m8!....so if you have the option change it from DISEqC to Motor then manually pulse the position of the motor with your remote to receive the strongest signal..save the position, scan satellite then exit setup menu.

Sab

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
This could be where the problem is.

I've noticed that I'm picking up 28'E on 19'E 80+ strength (receiver) now! However, after fine-tuning dish etc. I can pick up 30' w with a 50-60 strength but 1'W has almost vanished.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
I recently had the pleasure of watching Channel Hopper set a motorised system up. First he made sure he had a good fix on 1W, next 28E and then 30W. After that all the birds in between must be there, he just pulsed the motor over to a bird ( say 16E ) by hand, moved it back and forward while watching the signal meter and when best strength found. He saved that and moved on to the next bird, and so on.

If there is a button on your remote to jump the motor by hand you could try this.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Close but no cigar

If it was that easy Id be out of a job

If the arc is not correct (East and West in line, either above or below the true line ) then you dont have a chance. Critical to get the majority of satellites on either side of South correct in the first place, usually by only adjusting the dish on the pole.

Everything then is done in very small increments, constantly checking that any modification to one point of the arc doesnt bugger up a larger part of the rest. This is the declination and elevation bolts, sometimes one at a time, sometimes both.

Then when there is no improvement, go back to East / West adjustment

Manke sure nothing is tightened fully while doing the above, as a dent in the post or a lock washer can spell disaster for fine tuning.

Then nip up all bolts in equal amounts , taking the readings as you tighten them

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Yep I'll agree to that hopper..bit like torqing down a cylinder head! :D

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
waverider said:
Yep I'll agree to that hopper..bit like torqing down a cylinder head! :D

Now that I can do....and have done many times.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Razor said:
Now that I can do....and have done many times.
Why....you on the spanners too razor?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Funny enough Im just doing that on the 1100F, not one of Hondas best, but then it is a 25 year old design. A phenomenally heavy lump and indifferent handling, Im not sure how people got them round the TT in one piece

Sab

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
Thanks to all for advice.

I did start with a strong signal of 1'W and found East satellites (except 16'E). 30'W was weak at his stage. Is 16'E lower or higher than the other East ones?

I then adusted dish elevation and got a strong signal of 30'W but a weak one on 1'W.
This was when I picked up 28'E on the 19'E slot.

I agree with Channel Hopper and Razor but my main difficulty of the last week or so has been the strong wind and damn rain!

It's annoying when you are 95% there and one slight adjustment in the wrong direction throws a spanner in the works. On the bight side, I'm a novice so I'm pleased with the progress so far!

If you don't succeed at first, try again! When I finally do succeed I should be able to thread a needle at 100 metres!

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Well Sab your doing better than I did, I had to get CH to put mine up.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I reckon the problem is your lattitude setting on the motor body, when you goto 1W, does tilting the dish downwards or upwards improve the signal?

Sab

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
Yes rolfw it did and also on the other sats. as well.

The pole is plumb as you mentioned in an earlier post and the lat. is 53.3 where I am.

I've just checked the lat. on the motor and its on 53. Weight of dish and my heavy hands. I'll give it another go next week. Dont't want to miss the footy on 30'W.

PS One of the problems I'm getting is that the distance between lat. 54 and 53 on the motor scale is only about 1 cm.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
A relatively small adjustment will make a bit of difference, so it will be a case of suck it and see, you may have to try a few settings to work it out.