• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

setting up multiple images on Dreambox 7000s

longstockings

Satellite Whore
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
I have used the setup addon feture of Hydra Zeus to use my 120gb hdd to free space in the /var and noticed that it puts an images folder on the hdd.

Is this for pictures or for various firmware images.

I have heard good things about Gemini and want to try it without mucking up my base image

Can someone point me to a tutorial or something.
I do not have a usb pen drive yet

On a side note

I have noticed that my Dreambox gets very hot. I am using the recommended Western Digital 120gb listed on dream multimedia's site.
It seems to spin for a long time when I'm doing nothing and then shuts off but does give a noticeable click when recording.

Tempted to upgrade to a 300gb as I believe the bigger the disc the quieter it should be.

Can anyone recommend a 300gb hard disk that they are using themselves.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
longstockings said:
I have used the setup addon feture of Hydra Zeus to use my 120gb hdd to free space in the /var and noticed that it puts an images folder on the hdd.
You can use FlashWizardPro to add images to the HDD for multi boot, you don't need to use a USB stick.

The HDD will spin while you're using the box - not just recording. If you have moved the var foldr it will do this already.