www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
I have used the setup addon feture of Hydra Zeus to use my 120gb hdd to free space in the /var and noticed that it puts an images folder on the hdd.

Is this for pictures or for various firmware images.

I have heard good things about Gemini and want to try it without mucking up my base image

Can someone point me to a tutorial or something.
I do not have a usb pen drive yet

On a side note

I have noticed that my Dreambox gets very hot. I am using the recommended Western Digital 120gb listed on dream multimedia's site.
It seems to spin for a long time when I'm doing nothing and then shuts off but does give a noticeable click when recording.

Tempted to upgrade to a 300gb as I believe the bigger the disc the quieter it should be.

Can anyone recommend a 300gb hard disk that they are using themselves.

bigmantank

Reaction score
My Location
Oxford

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
longstockings said:
I have used the setup addon feture of Hydra Zeus to use my 120gb hdd to free space in the /var and noticed that it puts an images folder on the hdd.

You can use FlashWizardPro to add images to the HDD for multi boot, you don't need to use a USB stick.

The HDD will spin while you're using the box - not just recording. If you have moved the var foldr it will do this already.