Setting Up My BSkyB Dish

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
Hi Friends
I hope you can help! I have used BSkyB for a few years now and i have just moved house, this means that i have to reinstall my Sky system in my new house thus i have to realine my dish. I had to leave my old dish on the last house so I bought a new dish from the net, This is a 43cm sky digital dish with a Thomson LNB. I also have a Satellite Finder arriving monday so this will help also, The specs are as follows -
Key Specifications/Special Features:

950-2050 MHz bandwidth - Pocket size and lightweight - 11dB Gain - -25 to -75dBm Input Level
High sensitivity - Built-in light for night dish adjustment - Audible tone for aligning dish - 75 Ohms Input/Output impedance
13-18VDC

All i need now is to know what satellite to point the dish at?

Any help any1 has is much appreciated ... thanks

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
Hi Richard,
Astra 2 at 28.2 degrees east. It will help if there are some houses near to you that have
mini-dishes, then you can point your dish in the same direction before using your sat finder to get the best signal.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No it isn't really, the dish is either on the satellite or not, you cannot allign by compass and elevation only, unless you get lucky that is, you need to use the receiver as a meter as well. One degree out will cause picture dropout 2 degrees will give you no picture at all.

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
The Sat meter should do the same as the receiver, Yes. So the use of the receiver will not be needed?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, missed that bit, was only looking at the last couple of posts. The only possible problem with the meter, I'm assuming that it is one of the hobby models, is that it doesn't tell you which satellite you have found, but this can of course be checked on the receiver.

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
just a update! it took 5 mins to set the dish! it was very very easy :) thanks for the help my friends

Rgds RichyGC