Setting Up my Dreambox 7020 Sat List

tonguedv

My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 88 Dish, DP6600 VBox, Dreambox 7020S with 200gb hd, Linksys Router WRT54GS & Linksys Bridge WET54G. ADSL Internet.
My Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hi, when buying the dreambox, the site offered a service to give it all the sat names and channel names to aid with dish setup. Is there a way to do this quickly myself? I was hoping for a list file I could upload to it via ethernet/USB/CF card if such a list exists.

Dave

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Some of the images offer automatic download of transponder lists, but I find it best to scan my own channels.

tonguedv

My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 88 Dish, DP6600 VBox, Dreambox 7020S with 200gb hd, Linksys Router WRT54GS & Linksys Bridge WET54G. ADSL Internet.
My Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
I heard it takes a while to get all the channels organised into orderly fashion, free channels at start, movies, and xxx to the end etc.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can do this yourself, there a couple of utilities available and listed in the Idiot guide, once you have done it, you can then save it for when you load other images. :)

tonguedv

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
Good, Sounds easy. I was looking at Dreamboxedit which looks pretty good to me, Windows program for editing the transponders/channels. I thought it looked worth a go since it's free.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yes, DBE is quite good. It's certainly stable.

Just check to see that your transponder list are up to date once in a while, and perform a full sat-scan periodically.