setting up uncommited 16x1 diseqc switch

turbostar99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1 triax fixed 13,16,19.2 80cm thor 1 west.
My Location
england
Hi, anyone know how to set up 16x1 uncommited switch using 1.2 dseqc motor, as my box does not have 1.1 diseqc command. Thank's

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
turbostar99 said:
Hi, anyone know how to set up 16x1 uncommited switch using 1.2 dseqc motor, as my box does not have 1.1 diseqc command. Thank's
I had a similar problem myself using a 10x1 switch and a Humax Foxsat, which supports 1.0 and 1.2 but not 1.1, which unfortunately is the default operating mode of the switch and I never managed to get hold of the programmer to set it to a different mode. In the end I bought a new receiver :) What are the models of the switch and receiver?

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
turbostar99 said:
hi -
i have a 8 way - EMP centaury S168 -- but use it with 1.1 diseqc settings

below is the instruction for setting it up as if it were a 1.2 motor ---
hope it could be of some use to you -- i did once set it up this way and it worked fine .

regards --

"If the receiver does not support DiSEqC 1.1,
then DiSEqC 1.2 can be used to control the
switch. From the receiver’s point of view, the
S.168 switch is treated no differently from a
DiSEqC motor; the receiver should be set up
as if there were a DiSEqC motor connected to
it. Simply access the menu that contains the
receiver’s DiSEqC 1.2 motor control settings
and treat each satellite antenna input as a
different position for the “motor”.
Starting with switch position 1, use the
receiver’s menu to “move” the antenna until
the signal strength for the first dish rises significantly. Stop moving, verify that the signal
quality is at maximum and store the position. Repeat this procedure for the remaining seven inputs until all the positions have
been stored.
Keep in mind that the scanning of the
inputs can take as long as one minute and
that the actual procedure for setting up
motor positions may differ from one receiver
to another.
Once the eight positions have been stored,
the receiver can now access each of the switch’s inputs individually by “moving” to
the desired satellite dish. And unlike the
initial setup where the “movement” from
one antenna to the next took some time,
in normal operation there was no noticeable difference in the time to switch from one channel to another on different satellites compared to using a standard DiSEqC
switch.

turbostar99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
england
Thank's for the answer, quick question, what position would you be starting from? if there was a motor there you would set it at 1west with your lat. and long. I know you use diseqc mode. So that bearing in mind is there a default position for the switch. Using a 16x1 emp centauri switch and it's a protek box. Thank's

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
hi -
its so long ago that i used my switch in this way - i cant really be of much help,
but i don,t recall there being a default position
just be a case of experimenting i think ---

cheers.

turbostar99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
england
Look's like trial and error then. Handy to know there's not a default position. Many thank's!!

geek22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ferguson Ariva 120 combo /90,cm Dish.compaq nx9010.
My Location
North Wet Ireland.
Hi to everyone,I have a protek 9760 and I have bought a emp 16 way diseqc switch to use on a wavefrontier dish something similar in mind as mentioned in this thread,.would like to know is it succesfull as I hope to do it soon when weather improves.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Well obviously you can't move the dish. I would have thought DiSEqC positions 1-16 would correspond with the 16 ports. Anything doesn't make any sense.

Other option is get a receiver that is properly DiSEqC compliant.