Help Required Setting up VPN on router for phone to use

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I wonder if anyone can help, VPNs are not really my thing, but to enable my credit card reader to work, looks like I need to run via a vpn on my router, the app won't connect via 3G, but does connect via WiFi.

This is what I have in my router at the moment, but can't seem to connect via my phone.

Attachments

• vpn.jpg
    vpn.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 55

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
When you say credit card reader, do you mean the bank supplied card reader for on-line banking, if so I am not aware of a VPN being required, certainly I do not have one for Natwest on-line banking indeed there is no physical connection at all to the computer so I must be I misinterpreting what you are saying Rolf. Can you explain again?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, it's an app on my phone for Worldpay Zinc, which has a bluetooth card reader and keypad so that I can take credit cards. Unfortunately the app only works via Wifi, 3G connection, no matter how good, always fails, I can however tether my ipad to my phone and the app works on the ipad via 3G on the phone, so though that I may have more luck running the phone over 3G, but through my router's VPN.