DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
Blue Zeta cam funcard 2. Cas 2 interface with add-on
My Location
UK
Hi,

I am trying to set up a digital box to pick up sky on 28.2E. Can someone tell me what the settings should be for the following:-

High 10,600Ghz
Low 9,750Ghz
Power On/Off
0/22kHz Auto
Diseqc
Comitted #1-4
Uncomitted #1-16
Diseqc Repeat Off,1,2

Thanks

Darren.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The most important ones are for LNB High and Low which are correct and Power, which i presune to be LNB power and this should be on. These settings will be the same on most Ku band transmissions.

DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
My Location
UK
My digibox is in Turkey (Antalya). There are 3 different parts to the install menu. The first is where you define the satellite and it gives you the signal strength (which seems to be strong enough). The second is for the settings mentioned in the first thread. The last part is the default transponder settings. When a done a scan of the channels it seemed to pick up channels which are not on sky - why would this be? I filled in the transponder details as per the install menu on my sky digibox. Do I need to use alternate transponder details or I am doing something else wrong?

rolfw said:
The most important ones are for LNB High and Low which are correct and Power, which i presune to be LNB power and this should be on. These settings will be the same on most Ku band transmissions.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This may sound a realy stupid question, but have you moved your dish to point at Astra 28.2 and what size is it?

DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
My Location
UK
There are many dishes on the roof of my apartment, I don't know what they are all pointing to. There is one very large dish which I am presuming I am picking up the signal strength for 28.2E. The digibox came with the apartment when I bought it. It was already set up with astra1 and hotbird. Since then this big dish appeared and I noticed I was getting a strong signal for other satellites, sky being one of them.

rolfw said:
This may sound a realy stupid question, but have you moved your dish to point at Astra 28.2 and what size is it?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I think that you are making too many assumptions, many satellites share common frequencies, you are probably only seeing the two satellites 19.2 and 13E, as far as I know, communal systems usually only operate on two satellites.

DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
My Location
UK
Is there any explanation why I get a signal strength on 28.2 since the big dish has appeared whereas I didn't before.

rolfw said:
I think that you are making too many assumptions, many satellites share common frequencies, you are probably only seeing the two satellites 19.2 and 13E, as far as I know, communal systems usually only operate on two satellites.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No idea why the change, but unless someone has specifically set up a dish on Astra 28.2E and integrated it into the system, then you won't receive it.

If you can receive the other two satellites, then the receiver must be set to DiseqC A for one and B for the other, unless you have allocated C for the other satellites you are scanning, then yiou are simply scanning either Astra or Hotbird. When you scan on Astra 28.2, what transponder frequency does the receiver show?

DJJE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
My Location
UK
I don't know the answer to this at the moment. I plan to go to my apartment next month so I will get back to you on that one. Thanks for yoru help.

rolfw said:
No idea why the change, but unless someone has specifically set up a dish on Astra 28.2E and integrated it into the system, then you won't receive it.

If you can receive the other two satellites, then the receiver must be set to DiseqC A for one and B for the other, unless you have allocated C for the other satellites you are scanning, then yiou are simply scanning either Astra or Hotbird. When you scan on Astra 28.2, what transponder frequency does the receiver show?