Setup help for a newbie.

vienna123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Always bet on black.
My Location
Vienna, Austra
Hello,
My landlord has just installed a new setup in our building. We have 2 LNC's, one pointing at Astra 19e and the other at hotbird 13e. He is also buying me a Tecnisat receiver (I think it's the Digit MF4-s with a CONAX, Cryptoworks and CAM slot). I would like to know what I will need to buy extra to unlock some of the encrypted channels. In particular, I am looking for English language channels that are not 24-hour news. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
V.

EDW

Reaction score
TechniSat
DIGIT MF4-S SET-TOP BOX
Conax card slot only, if you want Cryptoworks you will need a CAM in the CI slot or to reprog the box.

What sort of progs. do you like, sport, movies, adult, music?

vienna123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Always bet on black.
My Location
Vienna, Austra
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to get a Matrix Reloaded CAM. From what I have read I think I can get it working. Here's what I'll try to do:
First, buy the CAM,
next plug it into the CI slot (following the directions that I found in here http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=9384),
finally get a key.
When necessary, I will update the software on the MR using my laptop. I am a little reluctant to try to update the firmware on my receiver (my wife would kill me if I fried it).
This sounds pretty simple but I have a feeling there's more to it than just that. I would appreciate it if anyone with feedback would please post (whether I'm right or especially if I'm wrong).
Thanks,
V.

EDW

Reaction score
You are wasting your money. There is nothing a Matrix Reloaded cam can
do that a box with the right software built in can't.

The box is updated by connecting it to a pc via a cable, usually a null modem cable but it depends on the box. These cost about a fiver.

Dreambox 500s is popular but complicated. Opens lots of chanells though.
Good if you like tinkering with things.

Want something simpler? Try a Technomate 1500ci
The best-selling budget box.

ps.
When you post link do it like this h**p...................

vienna123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Always bet on black.
My Location
Vienna, Austra
Hey EDW,
Thanks for the reply. If I get this straight, I should just update the software on my box (Technisat). This should tell the receiver how to decode the other systems besides Conax? I had a look at the thread with tons of links to patches for receivers but there wasn't a lot for Technisat, mostly just the official download sites. Would the official sites include sw for hacking the scrambled channels? Thanks for your advice.
V.

EDW

Reaction score
vienna123 said:
Hey EDW,
Thanks for the reply. If I get this straight, I should just update the software on my box (Technisat). This should tell the receiver how to decode the other systems besides Conax? I had a look at the thread with tons of links to patches for receivers but there wasn't a lot for Technisat, mostly just the official download sites. Would the official sites include sw for hacking the scrambled channels? Thanks for your advice.
V.

Have you got the Technisat already? I don't know if you can hack chanells
with Technisat boxes.

vienna123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Always bet on black.
My Location
Vienna, Austra
I have already commited to the Technisat but it may not be the one that I want. I'm not sure that it's going to have a CI slot! If it doesn't, I think I'll go with FTA and keep an eye open for a second hand receiver that I can play with. If it does, I'll look into a Matrix Reloaded CAM.

vienna123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Always bet on black.
My Location
Vienna, Austra
I don't know if anyone's still following this or not but here goes anyways. I'm going to go ahead with the Technomate 1500ci and I'm hoping for a little help. Apparently, the unit comes already "patched". I suppose then that I just need to get some keys and put them in. Is that right? I'm looking for English or French TV as long as it's not talking heads/news (I can get that in analogue). Also, under what circumstances do I upgrade the software? Finally, does anyone have a good (reliable) source for keys? Thanks

J

Jeff_19341

Alsat under DOS attack, according to the email that I received from them earlier today.