neilcoates72

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat
motorised
with 65cm dish
My Location
staffs
hi guys i have setup my system or so i think anyway. i have used a 65cm dish and a motor linked upto my freesat box from aldi. i have set the motor to south and the latitude to 52. i ahve got a signal and quality from a sattelite . i have looked at my neighbours dish and i cant seem to get astra 2 . but if i rotes the dish to the west i get another sat. what the hell am i doing wrong. it is frying my sweed as i wanted to try and get some footy on tonight

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to the forum,

Possibly the dish is not tracking the arc. Did you follow the set up guides in this section?
In addition, a 65cm dish is too small for motorising.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It is very difficult to align a dish according to where you perceive a neighbour's dish to be pointing!

As the Satellite positions are often only 3 degrees apart, you really do need to be precise.

The good news is you say you have some indications of a signal: So find out where that signal is coming from by doing a scan ..............

Chance are ('cos it's always the case!) that you might have found Atlantic Bird 3 or Sirius rather than Thor when you pointed "South."

But scan, then list a few of the Channels you get.

Are you using USALS?

neilcoates72

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat
motorised
with 65cm dish
My Location
staffs
usals . i keep trying to find out what this is . i have it on my sat box but when it comes to inputting the the data iam lost